Chapter-20

Jisoo POV

Finally, we arrived at the panic room. The guards lit the candles attached to the walls inside and I finally got the chance to look around.

It's not what I imagined. I imagined it to be just a box of cement but we had a few stools and old couches here. We even have two single beds.

Jennie was still holding my hand like she was afraid to let go. I led her to one of the couches and knelt in front of her. "It's okay to cry Jennie" I whispered to her because I knew she was holding it in all this time.

She was just staring at me then the tears came sliding down her face. "It's okay to be scared Princess, all of us are," I told her while rubbing her hand with my thumb in a comforting manner.

The Queen sat beside Jennie and pulled her chest whispering comforting words to her daughter.

The King was standing behind them and gestured for me to come to him. I slowly tried to let go of Jennie's hand but she gripped tighter. "I'll be right back okay?" I smiled slightly and she finally let go.

I stood up and walked towards the King and faced him. He led me to the corner where no one could hear us. The Chief also followed us.

"Your highness, we need news from the outside. I'm going to send one of the guards to get the info. We'll plan our next move from there" The Chief said.

The King nodded then he faced me "I'll give you an important job to do" I nodded. "If anything goes wrong I want you to take my wife and Jennie to the tunnels below"

I looked at him confused "Where are you going, your highness?" I asked.

He sighed "If worse comes to worst, they'll want me and you and my family can escape from all of this. A couple of horses are located at the end of the tunnel for you and proceed to ride until you reach The Longford's Kingdom, they will take care of you there. I want you to take care of my family Jisoo" He said while holding both my shoulders.

I thought about everything he said and it doesn't feel right that he'll sacrifice himself while his family lives in heartbreak while I'm here perfectly capable of taking his place.

I gathered all my strength and said "I admire you for that your highness, but I can't let you do that. When worse comes to worst, I will fight them until my last breath and give you enough time to escape. This is not me being a noble knight... this is just me. I was born to fight your highness. And if it becomes so bad out there that we need to escape, it means none of the militaries survived, including my father. I have nothing waiting for me, at least let me die fighting and follow my father's footsteps until the end" I said.

I hate thinking that my father could possibly be dead but I need to ready myself for the worst. We knights were trained to adapt to any situation even if it's that heartbreaking.

The King looked at me "You really are like your father"

I smiled "I'll take that as a compliment, your highness"

~~~~~
Don't forget to vote and comment😊