v4mpiresn1ghtsh4de

This is going to be a sorta Christmas special. 

So, Merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate or just in dedication to the snowy season -at least where i am-

So the link to the story is here : https://archiveofourown.org/series/2620519

Druig and Makkari have to cancel a date night out because of a snowstorm, so they have a date night in.

Druig. Druig. Druig. Each time she signs his name, she pokes him in the side between his ribs. He's glaring outside at the snow and ice like he wants to kill it, kill it for upsetting him and her and cancelling their plans. He cuts a dashing figure in his suit, and she hates seeing him so disappointed over this.

C'mon. It's okay. We can stay inside.

"Kari, I had reservations at your favorite place and everything. I'm so sorry, I should have checked the weather. I don't want to ever disappoint you, Kari, I'm so so sorry-"

She cuts him off, using a hand on the back of his neck to press their foreheads together, smiling when he relaxes into her and cups her cheek. With her free hand, she spells out movie, and giggles when he nods.

"I am sorry though. You got all dressed up, put so much effort in. You tried so hard, and I-"

She presses a finger to his lips to quiet him, pressing their noses together and staying there with him until he sighs in defeat. Defeat, and maybe something more, because he surges forward to kiss her, tilting his head just enough to be able to kiss her without their noses getting squashed.

When he pulls away, there's red across his cheeks and a flush spreading up across her neck. He tucks a stray curl behind her ear. "Go change, Kari. Bring me down something too, love. I'll get the snacks."

And the movie? She asks, plucking at his tie with nimble fingers and pushing his suit jacket off. He grins at her. "I'll let you pick. Special treat for my special girl."

She heads upstairs and into his bedroom with his suit jacket and tie, and folds them neatly to tuck them on top of his dresser. She looks at her drawer of the dresser as she slips out of her red dress and heels. She tucks it, hesitantly taking up more space in this drawer (it makes it feel more real, somehow; she's taking up so much space in his life and it feels so much more real - she's taking up space in his life, his home.) She pulls on leggings and a red zipup sweater, snagging his sweater and sweatpants before heading down the stairs.

He's leaning against the banister at the base of the stairs when she comes down, and she tosses him his clothes. He ducks into a bathroom to change as she surveys his work - an array of snack junk foods, oreos, and candy (he knows her favorite candy, KitKats, and he has a bowl of them - red bowl, red candy).

She turns to see him in the open doorway, and grins at him, beckoning to the couch. They collapse on it in a fit of giggles, and they end up tangled on the couch, him propped up against the arm and her tucked between his legs, head on his chest.

She adjusts a blanket over the both of them while he picks out a movie and smiles a little at the way she can feel his heartbeat. It distracts her to the point where it takes a second for her to notice he's poking her.

Home Alone? Really? We saw that like 50 times in theatres. The manager of the Detroit one banned us because he thought it was a cult thing.

Druig huffs, snagging a Cheeto from the bag she has balanced on her chest. "I'll have you know it's a cinematic masterpiece. A masterpiece like you, my Makkari."

She bonks him in the nose with a KitKat so he doesn't see the blush on her cheeks. He starts the movie with extra subtitles, and he keeps his hands in view of her. The entire movie, he commentates with his arms wrapped around her.

"God, this part never made any sense."

"How did he sleep through that whole thing but a car outside afterwards wakes him up?'

"How does no one in the neighborhood notice that the family's gone but there's a full-blown party and Kevin's still home?"

The whole movie, he keeps talking, out loud and signing at the same time, and she adores the way his rumbles through her as he rambles. When it's over, her continues to talk and talk. Druig rewinds it as he does so, and manages to get halfway through the movie with just his critiques from the first watch as Makkari busies herself eating their snacks.She turns around and leans up to press a kiss to his lips.

Another movie, please. She signs, pulling back just enough to where she can press their foreheads together. He smiles and she falls more in love with him every instant; she's been falling in love all day, the whole month and every year, and every decade and century she's loved him. And here, in his - their, it's their home now - she finally realizes they've got a home to stay.

"Only if I get another kiss." He bargains, and she chuckles.

My insatiable, handsome Druig.

"My beautiful, perfect Makkari."

Please remember to vote or comment if you like this

ily <3 be safe merry christmas :)

By: v4mpiresn1ghtsh4de