LuciferDidWhat

This is by LuciferDidWhat on AO3

Link to the Story >>>>>>> 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/35025742

You are the calm in my storm,
You are the light,
You are the light that's guiding me,
The only one I see,
The only one I need,
You're my gravity.

- Gravity by Leo Stannard ft. Frances.

[one]

They might not remember it.

But the first time he gravitated towards her, was the first time he met her.

Opening his eyes for the first time, he sees 9 other people around him. Taking a step forward, his eyes sweep past each and every one of them.

The noises in his head felt like they were coming from everyone. When his eyes land on a certain person, one noise will become louder.

I can hear their thoughts ...was his first realization.

He lets his eyes linger on each of them, similarly everyone else seems to be doing the same thing.

Evaluating. Considering. Examining.

And then his eyes found hers.

He hears the others talking in the background, asking questions and introducing themselves to each other. It was a lot, the noises from their minds combined with their actual voices, he felt like he was drowning.

He shakes his head in an attempt to shake the voices off, not like that worked.

He was surprised when he found her gaze again. She was still looking at him, head tilting to one side.

And then he noticed the noises...her noises...or the lack thereof.

He blinked and suddenly she was standing in front of him; unconsciously he took a step back and found her flashing him a smile.

Sorry for scaring you, she signs.

Much like everything else, he doesn't know how, but he understood her. He nods, wanting to sign back to her and say it's okay, but he hears someone calling out to them.

"Hey, come join the party," says the smallest one in the group.

Sprite he thinks, having heard her introduce herself earlier.

They're calling for us, he signs. And before he could blink he felt a breeze and saw her standing at the group introducing herself.

He didn't want to meet the group, didn't feel the need to stand in a circle and introduce himself, but he walked towards them regardless. He learns her name - Makkari, and unintentionally says it out softly.

Her back was facing him, so she shouldn't have known; yet somehow, she turned around and smiled at him, as if she heard his voice, calling out for her.

What's your name? She asks.

D-R-U-I-G he signs.

She beams at him, and he can't help himself once again, he smiles too.

Ajak called out to them and started talking about their purpose and their powers, a device in the middle of the room showing projections of these so-called deviants and their first mission.

Everyone walked closer to the device to get a closer look, and Druig found himself following her steps.

Again.