𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟭༒

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:

❝ 𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝑆𝐴𝐹𝐸 ❞

Your sigh took the form of a condensed cloud as you sighed into the cold night air

Your sigh took the form of a condensed cloud as you sighed into the cold night air. Suna's arm was wrapped tightly around your shoulder as if he could shield you from the harsh wind that would flow fly every few minutes. The two of you had just left a meeting with Nekoma, Seijoh, and Inarazaki discussing a way to retaliate for the death of Toru.

His death still haunted you, and why wouldn't it. He had been one of your closest friends for a while and had sacrificed himself for you.

Your vision of the dark sidewalk blurred at the mere thought of him, you sniffled and blinked away right tears. You knew this was no time to cry— right now was a crucial time and it was at the utmost importance that you stayed diligent.

Suna however, thought the opposite. Throughout the whole entire ordeal he had been taking care of you. He knew how deeply you were effected by the situation and wished you would take time to step back and deal with your grief the right way.

You however had already made up your mind, deciding to fight violence with violence. If that's what you thought was best, Suna would stand beside you, ensuring your safety.

Suna turned his head slightly and placed a small kiss on your temple and immediately a warmth spread throughout you. A small smile graced your face. Words could not describe how grateful you were for your boyfriend and his support; you planned to make it up to him as soon as the two of you made it home.

"What do you want for dinner?" you asked as the two of you walked in sync towards the car.

"We should probably get some takeout on the..." a sudden clatter of a can had Suna trailing off. Immediately you tensed and your eyes searched the area.

One lone street lap stood proudly above the two of you, providing light; the only other was a slight walk away. You trained your ears to listen for another noise but couldn't find anything.

Suna mirrored your actions, actively looking out for any immediate danger. His arm pressed you tighter into his body; the simple action provided a lot of comfort.