Chapter 2

Dream flicked through George's notepad examining the drawings as George snored lightly on his shoulder. Dream ran his hand through George's hair as he traced his fingers across the page with his other hand. He chuckled reading back through their old messages in the book and wondered how George would sound and look whilst saying those things. Dream turned to the next page to be greeted with another realistic drawing on him and George when they went to the beach. Suddenly he felt the smaller boy wake up.

"Morning, Gogy."

George nodded and climbed over to the window looking out of it. It was now around 3 hours into their do get and for the most of those 3 hours, George was asleep on his best friends shoulder.

"You wanna watch a movie together on the TV, or get some food?"

George held up two held up to fingers showing he wanted the second option, the food, he then immediately turned around again to look out the window. Dream called the lady nearby and watched as she brought over a tray of food. She gave them a toothy grin before greeting them and asking what they would like.

"What would you two gentlemen like?"

"I'll just have a BLT and some diet coke, please." Dream turned to George, who was still looking out the window.

"What do you want to eat, George?" Dream asked patting him on the shoulder. George looked at the lady and took the notepad from Dream's lap. George quickly scribbled down his order and showed Dream.

"George would like a BLT and a cookie dough milkshake, please." Dream looked up at the lady who had a confused expression.

"Is he unable to talk?"

"He doesn't like talking, he hasn't in all the 10 years I've known him. When he wants to say something he either uses text to speech or writes it down on the phone or in a notebook."

"I apologize for asking. Is that all you would like? We also have dessert to offer." The lady apologized and moved on quickly. George turned around smiling when the lady mentioned dessert. George swiftly wrote down his order again and showed Dream.

'chocolate muffin'

"George would like a chocolate muffin and I'll just have a cheesecake, please."

The lady scurried away and left me and George together. I turn to George, who was drawing happily. I do wonder what goes through George's mind at times but I never really ask. I haven't asked why he doesn't talk either but I'm saving that for when he says something to me.

'movie? c:'

Dream nodded and grabbed the TV remote selecting a movie. George tugged on Dream's sleeve in attempt to grab his attention, which he received. He pointed to the lady that was standing there awkwardly with their food. Dream slid open the door and quickly apologized.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd be that quick. Thank you!" Dream handed George his food and watched as George placed it all on the foldable table that was attached to the wall. Dream did the same as George and took a sip of his drink. Yet again, Dream felt George tug on his sleeve.

"What's wrong?"

George took his notebook and began writing.

'can I lay on your chest?' George let Dream read what he wrote and placed the notebook back in the far corner. Dream couldn't say no to George. He let George shuffle around and lay in-between his legs as the movie began. The duo began eating their main meal and threw their trash in the trash can once they were done.

"Do you want your muffin, George?"

George nodded and took his muffin. Dream couldn't stop looking at him, it's as if he was a magnet to his eyes. The way he would show his affection to Dream was just adorable and the way he would look up at him when he wanted to tell him something by writing it down.  He was just so perfect.

"Open your mouth." Dream said. George looked up with a confused look, he smirked a little letting his dirty mind take over.

"Oh my god, you're so wrong." Dream said scooping a bit of his cheesecake in his fork. Dream brought it to George and let him have a bit. Halfway through the movie George noticed Dream had fallen asleep. He really wanted to write to him but he couldn't. Instead he carefully got up and walked to the bathroom.

George hated the fact he couldn't talk. He knew he could but he could never bring himself to do it. Every day was a struggle for him. Thankfully everyday Dream was there for him. George splashed his face with water and took a deep breath in before walking out. He knew it just had to be the right time and the right words for him to speak.

820 words