𝘐𝘤𝘩𝘪

ᥴꫝꪖρ𝓽ꫀ𝘳 1 |💮| 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐊 𝐖𝐀𝐑

The Arena was dark, nevertheless not silent

The Arena was dark, nevertheless not silent. The bleachers were practically shaking from all the people cheering and yelling at the sidelines. The finale of the Festas had officially started, and it definitely had never been this big before.

Kim Namjoon claimed a place at the front, his knuckles turned white as his hands were locked into an anxious grip on the railing- the only thing that held him back from running into the center field. Rain started to pour, and the spectators got even more excited. Not only the watchers in the Arena, but also the families and fans of the contestants at home were holding onto the furniture for dear life. It was indeed the most thrilling finale ever, and opinions were controversial under the big commotion.

A petite girl in the middle of the stadium laid lifeless on the floor, trembling as blood slowly seeped out of her. Her purple hair was fanned around her head like an halo, but her eyes just as devilishly sharp as they've always been, hence her infamous nickname.

"Foxy's down! Foxy's down, what's her opponent gonna do?!" The commentary yelled anxiously into the microphone. It was an understatement to say that Foxy was loved by many people, but so was her opponent.

"Get up Kazuko!" Namjoon yelled, tears starting to form into his eyes, seeming to shine by the bright lights of the Arena circling around them. Kazuko slowly got up, fixed her broken glasses on her nose again and regained her grip on her sword.

"Foxy's up again! She's unbelieveable!" The commentary was stunned.

Purple fire danced around her sword, charging with energy. Kazuko rolled her shoulders before valiantly attacking again. She ran forward and dove for her opponents face, but he quickly dodged it before she swung her sword once again. He bent over and rolled away from her, before approaching Kazuko again. He held her in a grip as he placed a foot behind her, and forced her to fall, causing her to be trapped under him. The fine gravel and sand of the Arena's field dug into their skin.

Blood mixed with sweat dripped from her forehead, a tear trickling down her temple. She twisted herself out of his grip, and knocked him in his head with the back of her sword. The boy held his head in pain, and stumbled backwards.

"Midori no kiri!" He yelled, his vision turning red by blood flowing into his eye, though his surroundings were slowly getting covered in a thick green fog.

"Foxy's feared opponent has activated his green fog! We can't see a thing!" The commentary said, though his words were muted to the two fighter's ears. They were too focused on each other to pay attention to the world around them. It seemed like... time had stopped.

Foxy was about to yell - activating her powers - before her opponent softly placed his hand on her mouth.

"Wait." He whispered, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"I'm not gonna give up." She whispered through his fingers. A familiar fire lingered in Kazuko's eyes, the one that her opponent would recognize out of thousands, and also the one that he loved so much.

"I know," He breathed in, despair laced in his eyes even though he wasn't the one dying of the two of them.

"One last time?" He removed his hand from her mouth and held it in front of the girl, waiting for her to take it. Kazuko was silent, her heart was racing in her chest. It was one big guess, and they hadn't even figured the whole theory out yet, but this was their last chance.

Still, she took his hand, her warm energy merging with his. "One last time." She nodded, a tear making its way down her cheek. The green fog faded away again, and the brows of her opponent stood as angry again as they always stood. He backed up, walking backwards while keeping his eyes on Kazuko. She did the same, following his movements.

"What are they doing? What's gonna happen? The two fighters are walking backwards, are they giving up?" The voice blasted through the speakers. The crowd was awfully quiet, everyone holding their breaths as they waited for action.

A sudden force shot out of the ground, on both Foxy's as the boy's side. For Kazuko, purple. For him, green. "Seinaru Doragon!" He yelled, fixing his posture whilst narrowing his eyes. His messy hair fell onto his forehead, and just for a split second, it reminded Kazuko of the sweet boy he used to be. The evenings they spent talking, sitting on the roof of the Asterisk dorms. She shook her head. Those times were over now. He wasn't the boy with the messy hair no more, and she wasn't the girl that dreamt of love stories anymore. 

"Karika Sairen!" She yelled too, her purple hair starting to float in the air above her head. The familiar ring started to repeat in her head again, and she thought her eardrums were gonna combust.

And then it happened; the biggest moment in Asterisk's history. The two fighters ran towards each other, running far past their speed limits. Kazuko's purple hair followed her as she activated her abilities, sending sound waves so powerful that even people in Argentina could feel the aftermaths of her powers. And as equal, his dragon of poison was so strong, that everyone in the Arena was blinded by the bright light coming off of him.

The two powers clashed, creating a bundle of green mixed with purple light. And just for a second, it was quiet. So quiet you could hear a needle fall. Quick after, a loud bang shook the whole Arena. The source of all the energy in the middle of the Arena exploded, leaving nothing but a fire in the center of the field.

Kazuko laid on the ground, her purple hair perfectly around her as it always was, but now soaked in blood. Her glasses laid a few feet further, broken into hundreds of little pieces. Namjoon looked at her, tears streaming down his face.

"Joonie..." She coughed, and as the strong person she was, she forced herself to look at her friend.

"I'm..." She coughed again, but now blood flowed out of her mouth, causing her to choke on her own blood. "I'm sorry..." Kazuko cried.

Namjoon jumped over the railing, and rushed over to Foxy. "Kazuko!" He yelled.

"Take care of," Kazuko's eyelids were slowly closing, but she wouldn't allow herself to do so until she had finished her sentence.

"Her." She whispered before her lungs were completely filled with her blood, and she closed her eyes.