6. why'd you only call me when you're high

somewhere darker, talking the same shite

i need a partner, well are you out tonight?

-

"Right, come on then, party animal," Mo said, flinging her book down on the coffee table. "how was your night?"

Imogen looked up from her own book, and thought about it as she gently put it down on top of Mo's. "Oh, right. Well, it ended up being at Gryffindor tower, not Hufflepuff-"

"What?" Mo asked, incredulous. "So Hetty Hufflepuff didn't even take you to Hufflepuff house, wow."

Imogen glared at her. "Her name is not Hetty Hufflepuff, Moryddian."

Mo ignored her, sniggering now. "Imogen Falker partying with the Gryffindors. Damn. I actually would have liked to see that. Not that I'd be caught dead there."

Imogen rolled her eyes. "It's not that big a deal, Mo. It was actually a good party."

"Yeah? Did you dance with Harry Potter?" Mo started laughing, and got up, dancing around like an idiot. Imogen threw her own book at her. She only laughed harder, her eyes widened in mock-surprise.

"Wow! One night over the other side and you're already picking up their aggression. Best watch yourself there, Imogen."

"Oh shut up, Mo, you great idiot." Imogen told her. "And for your information, Harry Potter is a wonderful dance partner."

Mo's mouth dropped, and her tone became grave. "Sorry. We can't be friends anymore."

Imogen curled up on the sofa, laughing. "I didn't even see him, really."

Imogen felt the sofa dip beside her as Mo sat back down. "I expect he thinks he's far above partying with the rabble."

"Who's above partying with the rabble?" Adrian Pucey asked, sitting down in the chair opposite them. His dark hair was wet; he was freshly clean from a shower.

"Eavesdropping on our conversation, are you Adrian?" Mo asked, crossing her arms playfully.

Adrian grinned. His teeth were very white and straight. "Well, I think if you didn't want to be eavesdropped on you wouldn't be talking so loudly, or looking so beautiful."

The last part was said to both of them, but his eyes lingered on Imogen.

"Ah yes, the well known desired outcome of any girl's efforts to look beautiful," Imogen said wryly. "Eavesdroppers."

Adrian smiled at her. "At least you know your efforts are appreciated, Imogen." He had a slightly pompous way of talking, that Imogen had always thought was quite charming really. When he hissed insults at first years in the corridors however, all the charm left him.

"Have you just come from training?" Mo asked.

Adrian lit up at the mention of quidditch. "Oh yeah. Bloody hard training session. My fingers were so cold I thought I might have come back frost bitten." He held up his fingers, to demonstrate this. "But then, we'd be in trouble if we weren't training hard. It's Slytherin versus Ravenclaw tomorrow."

Mo scoffed. "You'll wipe the floor with them, I'm sure."

He grinned again. "You'll have to come find out. You two are coming to watch, right?"

Imogen almost never attended quidditch matches. She didn't really get the appeal of freezing your arse off in the stands whilst students threw balls through hoops or whatever it was that they did in quidditch.

"Yeah, of course. Both of us will be there." Mo chirped. She glared at Imogen when she didn't say anything.

"Oh y-yeah," Imogen added, "I'll come."