Part 3

*PETERS POV*

I don't know what to do, do I go fancy or casual, I'm pulled out of my thoughts by mom knocking on my door "come in" I say as the door slides open "you OK Милый?" she says to me and seeing the worry on my face "not really, I'm going on a date but don't know what to do or wear" I say sitting on the edge of the bed  "why don't you just ask them?" she says sitting beside me and running her thumb over the back of my hand "OK, thanks mom" I say leaving my room and knocking on kates door. I wait a bit before the door opens and reveals her face "oh hey Pete" she says looking into my eyes "can I ask you something?" I say leaning against the wall "yeah, what's up?" she says "are we uh going fancy or uh casual for our date?" I say looking at the floor, I'm screwing up so badly "casual" she says as I walk back into my room and start digging for a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie "take your suit, just in case" mom says throwing my suit at me, before putting my normal clothes on i put my suit on underneath before quickly going into my bathroom and making my hair as neat as I can get it. I go down to the living room and sit down "you look good Pete, what's the occasion" Steve says to me as I scroll through my phone "I'm uh going on a date" I say putting my phone in my pocket "with who?" he says as Kate walks through the door "me" she says before turning to me "when're we going?" she says as I think "now?" I say awkwardly "cool, let's go" I take her hand and we head out of the compound and into the city.

*KATES POV*

We were walking down a street when I realised we don't know what we're doing "Pete, where are we going?" I say as I stop walking and face him "I uh hadn't thought that far ahead" he said with a weak chuckle "why don't we just uh sit somewhere and talk" I suggest taking his hand again "sure, sounds great" he says as we walk to the park and sitting on a bench "how'd you meet Clint?" he asks with his legs crossed "I was at some fancy party thing, I overheard someone threaten my mom so I investigated him, followed him, they were auctioning things that were salvaged from previous avengers battles, some guys called the "track suit mafia" attacked the auction so I stole one of clints old suits and fought them, I escaped before they cornered me, when Clint came and saved me and we worked together to bring down the track suits" I say "what about you, how'd you meet Tony and the others?" I add "I was recrui- wait do you hear that?" he says standing up and looking around "what do you me-" I'm cut off by an explosion and a man who had electricity surrounding him "Kate, I need you to evacuate the civilians while I deal with sparky" he says before running into an ally way.

*PETERS POV*

I reach an ally way and get my suit on, I run up the wall and see the electric guy shooting beams of lightning at buildings and people "y'know, I was having a really great day before you showed your face" I say shooting a Web at the back of his head to get his attention "nice of you to join me spider man" he says looking at me while energy swirled around him "spider man where!?" I joke before using my webs to pull him closer to me, he grabs onto my chest and surges lightning through my body making me let out a blood curdling scream, I use my legs to push him off me, I land on the ground coughing as I get up "you suck man" I say grabbing my arm as I look at him, I swing into him which made him go crashing into a wall, he shoots 2 quick beans of energy at me but I dodge with ease "what do you want?" I say flipping out of the building and swinging around him "why do you care?" he says as I perch on the edge of a building "actually I don't, just trying to make polite conversation" I say jumping onto him and punching him in the face, I web his hands to the ground but he breaks through instantly and grabs onto me "one warning, stay outta my way!" he says before throwing me into a building, I feel my blood trickling down my face, while my eyes dart around to find him "g-get, back h-here" I say shooting a Web at his leg and weakly pulling him back to the ground "stupid bug" he says punching Me in the face and going to escape "hey jackass" I hear kates voice from behind me, I also see that she just threw a brick at him.

*KATES POV*

I shouldn't have done that. He turns around and faces me "who are you?" he says as my eyes are looking between him and pete "hi I'm Kate Bishop but if you uh call me Katie, an arrow goes through your face" I shouldn't be cocky around the guy that just wiped the floor with a guy with spider abilities, without thinking I charge at the guy and trip him up. He tries to fire electricity at me but I use my leg to pin his arm to the ground "you stupid bitch" he says grabbing me leg and throwing me off him, he fkys away leaving me and a nearly dead Peter. I run up to him and make sure he's not dead "hey, hey, Pete you OK?" I say crouching down beside him "I-I'm so sorry" he says barely audible "it's fine Pete, don't worry" I say trying to help him up but his grip on me loosens as he falls back on the ground. "Pete?" I say as tears pool under my eyes "Pete!" I yell as the people I evacuated start to surround me with petes body. I take my phone out and call Clint "Kate, are you OK?" he says  as, I try to silent shoo away the crowd "I am but petes not" I say whispering Pete so quietly I could tell Clint could barely make it out "just stay where you are, we'll be there soon" he says before hanging up, I pick petes body up and cradle it while tears run down my face. After 15 minutes I see the quinjet land and see all the avengers see petes body in my arms "what happened?" Clint says as Steve picks Pete out of my arms and onto a stretcher "we were talking until a guy controlling lightning attacked and nearly killed Pete" I say as he helps me up and guides me into the jet "sit here for a sec" he says as I drop my weight onto the chair, I look to my right and see Nat crying, honestly I didn't even know that was possible "I'm sorry" I say putting my hand on her back trying to comfort her but she slaps it away "Сука" we arrive back at the compound soon after and we rush Pete to a hospital bed with people connecting wires and tubes to his body. I sit on a chair to the side just wallowing in my own self guilt "hey uh Kate, I'm sorry for how I reacted on the jet" I hear Nat say as I look up and meet her eyes "I honestly have no idea what you said" I say laughing lightly "Сука is bitch in Russian" she says sitting beside me "that's nice" I say before returning to my thoughts of how I failed Peter and how I wasn't able to tell him how I feel.