Chapter 4

WHAT IS WITH THIS AWKWARD SILENCE?!

The trio were sitting in the carriage with nothing to talk about, resulting in the carriage being silent with a few noises of the wheel of the carriage stumbling on the rock. It has been a few minutes after the departure from the Hondira household. Yet none of them has talked to each other for the entire ride.

"So...." Alta started. The younger sister looked at Ei. "What were you doing in the forest back then? As far as I know, that forest is highly dangerous and anyone that want to go there should be accompanied with a group of 3 or more."

"It is? Nobody told me about that.. As for why I'm there, I was killing some monsters to level up. I have to get stronger to fight the waves." Ei said. She looked at the front of the carriage to see that the city gate is still far.

"The waves? Wait, are you one of the cardinal heroes?"

"Not exactly. I was an 'accidental summon' as they call it.

'Accidental summon? Wait a minute... The guild receptionist said something about someone being summoned accidentally when the cardinal heroes are being summoned.. Could she be...' Alta thought.

She already had suspicion on her due to her strange clothing. And then, there was the purple lightning she saw in the forest where she found Ei unconscious.

"You two. We've arrived to the city." The eldest brother, Zora said.

Both Ei and Alta looked to the front and sure enough, the gate of the city was visible.

Near the gate, a guard recognized the carriage and redirected them to a special doorway for the Hondira's to use to get to the city unnoticed. That gate is also where the Hondira's change their outfit and blend in with the crowd.

The receptionist? She already knew the true identity of the siblings. To the siblings relief, she agreed to keep it a secret from others and even changed their last name on the guild data.

Back to the story

After the Hondira sibling finished changing their outfits, the three of them started to enter the city and walked as normal as they could.

Interestingly, many people of the city looked at Ei in disgust.

"Ei, why are they looking at you like that?" Alta asked in a hushed tone.

"I don't know.. Did I do something wrong?"

Alta shook her head and responded that so far, Ei didn't do anything wrong.

Slight time skip

The three of them entered a expensive looking restaurant. It had a huge pendant light on the center of the restaurant with several waiter and waitress taking orders from the customers.

Zora pointed to a seat in the corner of the restaurant gesturing for them to sit there.

Once everyone have sat, a waiter came and took their order.

Zora ordered a small meat with vegetables.

Alta also ordered the same food.

For Ei..

"Ei... You do know you aren't allowed to bring your own food into the restaurant, right?" Alta asked in a hushed tone.

"Eh? We can't?"

To the siblings surprise, Ei pulled a lunch box out of nowhere. The siblings didn't question it as they are more focused on Ei bringing her own lunch.

"Yes. It's an unwritten rule in this restaurant to not bring your own food. The employees will think their foods aren't good enough. Because this restaurant is a expensive restaurant, the foods are expected to be good."