Tenth Doctor Oneshot: Your first kiss

I sighed and flicked some of the buttons on the control panel. The Doctor had told me to go back to the Tardis while he dealt some Alien that was apparently " too dangerous". I knew these buttons were really only there for The Doctor to fiddle with.

He acted like I didn't know what I was doing. We've been travelling for so long now! Doesn't he get that I can handle myself? I thought back to this morning, when everything began.

----That Morning----

Y/Ns Pov:

I strolled into the console room, a grin on my face. The Doctor was there, of course, dashing about the controls. I stood silently for a few minutes just watching him. I had fancied him for a while now. I say fancied, because 'love' is such a big word. I don't really know I could admit to myself that i do..

He paused in his movements, and turned to me.

" Y/N! I didn't see you there! Where do you want to go to today? I was thinking, theres this great planet.. "

He began ranting on about whatever it was, meanwhile I was lost in thought. I had decided last night, I'd try and tell him how I felt. Don't get me wrong, I was panicking like hell, but I wasn't gonna let him see that.

" Y/N? What do you think? "

I looked up to see The Doctor looking at me with a wide smile and even wider eyes. I shrugged and smiled sheepishly. He knew how easily I could zone out and understood immediately.

" I was saying, what do you think about going to see the biggest waterfall in the galaxy? "

He asked. I grinned in response, and hopped over beside him to the controls.

" Well duh! Obviously "

I said laughing. He smiled and began racing about, pulling levers and pushing buttons. I smiled to myself. It's funny how you can adore someone so much it makes your heart feel like its exploding.

He stood beside me, pressing buttons, and then placed my hand on the lever I knew all too well.

" Care to do the honours, Miss L/N? "

He said, with a mock posh accent. I grinned back and giggled softly.

" Absolutely, Sir Doctor. "

He grinned and placed his hand on top of mine. I blushed and tried to focus myself. God, Y/N you're being so stupid! I grinned in response, hoping he didn't see the red to my cheeks, and we pulled the lever as one.

" Allonsy, Y/N! "

" Allonsy Doctor! "

-----Present Time---------

I sighed, wandering about. You know what? Why should I just sit here doing nothing while The Doctor goes about doing whatever he wants!? I've had enough. I'm going out there.

I opened the Tardis doors, to which she hummed angrily. She didn't like it when I disobeyed The Doctor.

" Come on old girl, he doesn't own me y'know... "

With that I walked out, the Tardis whirring still audible. We were in a building, filled with long metal corridors. I heard something round a corner.

" Doctor? Is that you? "

I asked. A robotic voice replied.

" WHERE IS THE DOCTOR? DO YOU KNOW OF THE DOCTOR? "

I debated what to say. I bit my lip in thought. It could easily be an enemy of The Doctor.

" Um.. Who are you? "

I asked. My voice sounded so weak. How pathetic!

" I AM A DALEK. WHERE IS THE DOCTOR? "

A Dalek... I've heard that name before... I walked towards the corner, and heard a mechanical whirring. I watched as a robot like thing made it's way towards me.

" What do you want with The Doctor?"

I asked, raising an eyebrow. The thing didn't answer me, so I repeated myself.

" I said, what do you want with The Doctor?"
I sounded a bit more confident this time (thank the lord)

" THE DOCTOR IS AN ENEMY OF THE DALEKS. WE WILL DESTROY HIM."

Oh shit. I went to turn around and run, but slammed into someone. I backed away, and was met with those brown eyes that I knew oh so well. Except they had fire in every piece of them, and they burned me.

" I told you to stay in the Tardis why are you here!? "

He said, his voice filled with calm rage. I bit my lip and tried to think of a good answer, but he had already turned away from me. He launched some glowing object at the Dalek and grabbed my hand, pulling me back into the Tardis.

" Ow- Hey, that hurt! "

I whined, batting his hands away. He shut the doors and looked me right in my eyes. Those eyes of his... So old, yet so young to anyone else. With the ability to make you do whatever he wants. Dammit I needed to stop staring.

" You cannot endanger yourself for me. Cause, when I step out those doors, most of the time I never know exactly how dangerous it's going to be. But when I tell you not to go out there you Dont. Do. It. "

He said. I felt a burn in my chest, and snapped back at him.

" Well at least tell me what's out there, so theres no risk of me going out! "

He huffed and walked towards the console, flicking buttons aimlessly. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to enrage him more by saying something, but I also wasn't letting him think I had given up. Sometimes I wondered why people didn't slap him more often.

" Y/N, I've lost people because of how stupid I've been before. I don't want to lose you as well. Please, listen, I don't mean to seem over bearing, I just don't want to put you in danger. "

He turned to me, his eyes tired looking, displaying his true age. He studied my face for a few seconds before walking up to  me until he was right infront of me. When I tell you my heart was beating like hell...

" You complete me, Y/N L/N. You're like the missing piece I didn't realise I needed for so long. "

He whispered holding my hands in his. My cheeks were dusted with a soft blush and my heart was beating out of my chest. He lent close to me, and I couldn't process what was happening before it did. He pressed his lips against mine, and I closed my eyes as I kissed him back.

We broke away after a few seconds (all too soon) and looked at each other for a minute before smiling. He quickly let go of my hands and moved away. I felt the loss of his warmth, and a pang of sadness filled me. But it was replaced with happiness as he began rushing about the console, like always.

" Now, I think after that we deserve a break! How bout a trip to the Bermuda Triangle? We can have tea with the giant squid!'

He exclaimed, grinning like a child. I laughed and grabbed hold of the handle bars, preparing for the shaking of the time machine.

" Sure thing, Doc. Although, you will have to buy me scones if we do go. I haven't had scones in a while... "

He laughed at my statement, and looked me in my eyes with his deep brown ones. I looked back with a small smile on my face, before he grinned again, and pulled the lever, sending us hurtling into the Time Vortex again.