Chapter five

(A/N IM BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!! So yeah, cookie run isn't one of my biggest interests anymore BUT wizardbrave still has a special place in my heart, so I WILL CONTINUE THIS BOOK!!! Also PLEASE keep in mind I haven't gotten on cookie run in a LONGGG time so characters may act a little ooc)

"What am I supposed to do...?" Gingerbrave asked himself, now standing alone. He isn't sure. He wants to tell Wizard Cookie how he feels but the "what ifs" just keep coming back to him. He feels like he'd make things awkward between the both of them, I mean, he doesn't even know if Wizard Cookie likes boys in that sort of way. Maybe it'd make Wizard Cookie uncomfortable in a way?
Gingerbrave knows that Wizard Cookie is an amazing friend, and would never stop being his friend over something as silly as a crush, but Gingerbraves mind can't help but wander. The more he thinks about the outcomes of him expressing his feelings towards Wizard Cookie, the bigger his anxiety becomes. Now, even just the thought of speaking to Wizard Cookie is enough to make him want to crumble. He worries that, maybe he'll end up saying to much and accidentally spill everything right then and there. Wizard Cookie and Gingerbrave don't normally talk about feelings with each other because they're just kids. Kids don't want to talk about feelings. Gingerbrave has only ever been open with his feelings around Gingerbright and Strawberry cookie.

The walk back home was quiet, just Gingerbrave, and his thoughts. Waiting for his own sadness to eat him whole. It seemed like an entirety at that concert, maybe if these thoughts weren't present, Gingerbrave might've actually enjoyed it.
When Gingerbrave finally arrived home, he just fell on his bed and sighed. He was upset, he's just a kid! He shouldn't be worrying about these sort of feelings! He should be out on adventures having the time of his life! His sadness soon turned into anger. He hit his pillow as if that would resolve anything. He was angry because he's probably the only cookie in the whole world struggling with these feelings. Any normal person would've just said how they felt and moved on with it by now.
Once Gingerbrave was finished taking out his anger on his pillow, the anger just turned back into sadness. With thoughts from earlier coming back to him.
With these thoughts filling his head, he finally fell asleep. Maybe he can just sleep through his issues.

~~

Gingerbrave awoke from his sleep by the sun hitting him right in the face. He slowly, but surely, dragged himself out of bed. His morning went on as normal, Wizard Cookie and his feelings being the last thing that could possibly be on his mind at the moment. Once he was finished getting ready, he headed out for the day. He greeted everyone in the kingdom with his usual smile, he even stopped to check out Herb Cookies new plants. He was growing carnation flowers. They were beautiful! Just like Herb cookies other plants.

Everything seemed to be going amazing for Gingerbrave today, he'd forgotten all about his situation with Wizard Cookie! Well, that was until he heard a voice come from behind him. "Gingerbrave? Oh, hey! Gingerbrave!" Gingerbrave looked behind him, only to see a very joyful Wizard Cookie coming towards him. Yup, and here the thoughts come back. Gingerbraves cheeks started to heat up as Wizard Cookie came closer to him "Oh! Um! H-Hey Wizard Cookie!" Gingerbrave nervously stuttered out. Wizard Cookie was holding a picture of DJ Cookie with their signature on it "Look! DJ Cookies autograph! I got it!" He said, flaunting the picture to Gingerbrave "Wow! T-Thats, super cool!" Gingerbrave said anxiously. A short silence fell between the two cookies. Oh god. He doesn't know what to say, he's making things awkward!! "Uh, I hope your eyes are starting feel better since yesterday," Wizard Cookie told him "O-Oh yeah! They're feeling a hundred times better now!" Gingerbrave said.
That small silence between them returned, before Wizard Cookie spoke.
"um, I know this may seem a little weird to ask... but, uh, are you okay, Gingerbrave?" Wizard Cookie asked, avoiding eye contact with Gingerbrave. "Uh, what?" Gingerbrave stuttered. If it wasn't obvious his face was red before, it sure as hell was obvious now. "Well, yesterday, at the concert, you were acting... uh...kind of odd...?" Wizard Cookie said. Oh god. Was it really that obvious that something was off? "W-What? No! I'm fine!" Gingerbrave said in a loud, almost yelling voice. "Really?" Wizard Cookie questioned "Yes!!!" Gingerbrave quickly answered.
"Oh, well, if you say so... it's just that, at the concert, you seemed, really off. You were super jittery when we were watching the concert, and you seemed liked you really just didnt want to be there" Wizard Cookie explained.
Gingerbrave didn't know what to say. Had he been that obvious, or was Wizard Cookie just been paying a lot of attention to him? That second reason gave Gingerbrave butterflies in his stomach. "Not to mention you wanting to rush home.
To be honest, I was a little disappointed that you left so soon, I kinda wanted to talk with you for a bit" Gingerbrave immediately felt bad about telling that excuse to Wizard Cookie. "I just, wanted to check in on you, as you don't normally act like that..." Wizard Cookie finally finished.

And for the third time in a row, silence fell over the two. Wizard Cookie realized he probably asked something Gingerbrave didn't want to talk about.
"Sorry!" Wizard Cookie quickly apologized "that was really sudden, I shouldn't have asked you that."
Wizard Cookie said, pulling his scarf to hide his face more.
"N-No it's fine!" Gingerbrave said frantically, not wanting to make Wizard Cookie feel bad. "W-Well, I-I didn't notice that I was acting different! B-But I promise everything is okay!" Gingerbrave told Wizard Cookie. Wizard Cookie looked away from him, clearly not buying the lie Gingerbrave told him. "Well, if you say so..." Wizard Cookie said.

Gingerbrave wasn't sure if the lie he had just told was to try and convince Wizard Cookie, or himself.

~~

(A/N WOO!!! LETS GO!! 1k words and finished the chapter in only 2 hours!!!! This is a lot so I better not see any of y'all complaining 🤨 /lh
Anyways there is probably a lot of mistakes in this because I quite literally finished writing this at 3AM so if you see any please point them out.
Ok now time for me to die again for 3 months)