III

{Cam}

"Charlie!" I yell from my bathroom. "Can you come in here?"

"Hold on."

"Hurry please!"

I hear footsteps in the hallway and he leans onto the door frame. "Yes?"

"Sorry, I thought you were downstairs."

"It's fine." He scratches his eye. "What do you need?"

"So," I say, putting on mascara. "What's up with Kaya?"

"I dunno."

"You don't know?" I ask. "How do you not know?"

"She might still be dating the guy you kissed."

I pause. I've kissed many guys, but I know who he's talking about. "It was a mistake Charlie."

"Well, she obviously loved him a bloody lot."

"Look, it's not my fault. He kissed me."

"But I was told you kissed back."

"Dylan promised not to tell." I whisper under my breath. "Ugh."

"Kaya told me."

"Dylan still told."

"I'm sorry, I hope you guys stay friends."

"Me too, Charlie, me too."

_________________________

{Kaya}

I quietly knock on Camila's door at 5:30. Charlie answers, smiling. "Hey Kaya!"

"Oh hi Charlie. I for got you live here." I giggle. "But I'm here for Cam."

"Oh, okay." He steps aside and allows me to come Into the house.

"Charlie," I hear Cam say. "Did you get the-" she stops when she sees me in the doorway.

"Cam we need to talk about this!" I plead.

"I'm sorry, Kaya, but I just can't--"

"He dumped me." I look at my shoes. "Dylan dumped me."

"Oh," she says. "Kaya, I-"

"Now that you know, I'm gonna go. Have fun with Dylan, he's all yours." I turn and leave. But I feel someone behind me. They shut the door.

"Charlie," I ask, still not looking back.

"Yes?" Ugh his accent is so sexy.

I turn to face him. "Kiss me." He only hesitates for a millisecond before crashing his lips into mine. I don't hesitate to kiss back. His soft lips move in sync with mine like they were made to be together.

"Is that why he dumped you?"

Slowly, I pull out of the kiss and put my forehead on his chin. Camila stands with her hands on her hips. "Charlie go inside."

"Yes'm."

I grab his arm and he squeezes his eyes shut. "Just because you're staying at their house, doesn't mean she can boss you around."

"But mum said-"

"Charlie, it's okay."

"Actually," Cam says. "It's not."

"Uh, and why is that?" I ask, meanly.

"Because, I'm older."

"We're the same age!" Charlie yells and covers his mouth.

"He does have a point," I say crossing my arms.

"Ugh!" She says throwing our hands in the air. "Why do I even argue back?! I'm never gonna win!"

"I'm sorry, Camila." Charlie says.

"I'm not talking about you."

I frown. "I'm just gonna go." I turn and start to walk. "See you at school Charlie."

"Bye."

__________________________

{Charlie}

Ugh, I feel like it's my fault that Camila and Kaya are coming apart. I know it's not, but Camila seems really mad about that kiss this morning. I'm not mad though.

I'm glad I enraged Dylan like that, but Kaya seems really sad about the whole cheating-with-best-friend thing. I just want to pull her into a hug and tell her that it's all gonna work out somehow. I want to be the one to fix it, but being with Kaya won't help much.

It's been 3 days since Kaya and Camila last spoke to each other or Dylan. I haven't really talked to Kaya much either. I mean, I kinda have to talk to Camila since I live at her house at the moment but I wouldn't if I didnt.

Kaya still sits next to me in my classes, but she doesn't say anything to me. I get kind of sad, though. It's as if we never kissed. Maybe she doesn't like me after all. But she wanted me to kiss her. Girls are so confusing.

************************************

Wassup? Oh yeah, this new update!

~Me😬