XII

{Kaya}

*After School*

"Kaya! Charlie!" Charlie's mom yells as we set our backpacks down on the front bench.

"What's happening Mum?"

"I went to the hospital today... They messed up."

"Messed what up?" I butt in.

"You're not Rick's son, Charlie!"

I smile. Charlie just stands there. "How?"

"They gave me the wrong DNA scan, Charlie! There's two Charlie Pickets in London! You aren't Kaya's half brother!"

"That's great news, mum!" Charlie turns and kisses me, hard, on the lips. I smile into the kiss. "You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that."

I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling away from the kiss. I cry tears of joy onto his shoulder.

"Aww." Mrs Picket exclaims, holding her hands on her heart. "I have to send these to Rick!" She picks up the papers up and goes into the living room.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

At school the next day we arrive holding hands. Brodie and Bryce stare I disgust.

Charlie explains the whole thing after. "Oh......................." Brodie lets out.

"That makes so much more sense." Bryce exclaims.

"Well, let's end this story on a happy note." I smile. Charlie stares at me. We kiss and is the best kiss we've had since I met him.

***********************************

OMF THAT WASTHE SHORTEST STORY IVE EVER WRITEN. BUT ITS DONE AND I WILL BOW.

~Alex