Isekai Trio

Kazuya's first thoughts were of the general layout of existing fortifications. A template, some may say. Respecifying the concrete's thickness, flattening the land, tinkering with the plumbing; it's scary enough it uses little to no brain power than making a house for your Sims. He went to the ammunition and equipment storage and the weapons and vehicle depots.

The redwoods, trees higher than Big Ben, faded from existence. It appeared as if it had the ultimate cloaking device. A bit underwhelming. The drawbridge appeared in front, and the barrel of two American 37mm anti-tank cannons casemated next to the entrance greeted him.

Kazuya stopped in the middle of the bridge. Deep and wide as Fort Vaux's moat as it should be, and continued. He dropped one knee next to the widened entrance, where the Normandy bunker protruded at the underside of the wall, where three MG-42 gunners and their assistants saluted.

He pointed at the door behind them. "Ammo dump?"

"One floor down, Sir. But we move it by rail from the main depot deep inside the facility."

"Good."

The gate sentries saluted as they went through the tunnel. Kazuya returned the gesture by instinct to make his arm twitch. It felt so wrong. As far as he's concerned, he's only a high schooler wearing a military uniform so the poachers can't discriminate against the colorful kois in the pond.

A monument of evil stood at the center in its impending grandeur, thoroughly corrupted in the presence of Oerlikon and Bofors quadruple mounts in rows. Kazuya read and saw photos of the structure. Being up close to it at peak condition, he could finally comprehend the sheer size to understand how such a fortress housed thousands and endured ferocious attacks.

"That's one hell of a base."

"That's the problem, Sir," a cadre of officers approached. "You clear out the redwoods and summon Flak Tower G version 1 and L-Tower within this godforsaken forest, and the kingdom army's gonna unload everything they've got — might as well put an ominous torch on the roof."

They saluted. The one talking earlier continued.

"Base Commander Colonel Mirā Yazuragi, at your service."

"Wonderful. Are the defenses as I've considered?"

Minding where to put things would take hours to finish.

"Yes, Sir. We have five M101 howitzers on batteries of four around the G-Tower with proximity fuzes just as Patton likes it."

"And the existing turrets?"

"Turned into M2 mortar pits as ordered. Katyusha rails are on the roof; We're currently dismantling the Calliopes off the Shermans down the motor pool there," he pointed to Kazuya's far left. "You can find the ramp leading underground. It extends outside the walls, but nobody's tunneling through two meters of reinforced concrete without us noticing."

That's the point. Fort Eben-Emael went underground for the most part.

"Hopefully, we're not undermanned. We haven't got all morning."

"Rest assured, Sir. Base Security makes up more than fifty percent of the Logistical Combat Support personnel. The files are on your desk inside G-Tower. If you would allow us to do the tour."

"Your Base, Colonel."

The Base Commander nodded and spun. "Fortified towers by the walls can switch from flamethrowers to something big like the Oerlikons. The slits are concaved if we get pushed to the wall or if you want to turn the moat into a burn pit."

Or thwart a landing attempt inside the grounds. That's how the original fort fell to German glider troops. Colonel Mirā stopped by the door to the Flak Tower.