Gods and Fate Part 2

Author's note: I decided to separate the original version, 9k words in total, into two parts for ease and consistency.

***

Next day
Days in-country: 12

"A messenger from the Second Knight Order came. Boss, you've been summoned to the palace at eleven in the morning."

Kazuya breathed the probiotic milk into the wrong pipe and coughed hard. Now lung bacteria are gonna wonder why gut bacteria are with them, and he'd share the former's sentiments.

"Any reason in particular?"

"Do you want to put some in the betting table?"

"Fuck. Okay," he glanced at his section and pointed at one of the women. "Maeda, congratulations. You just volunteered as the first member of the Female Engagement Team."

"Yes...sir?"

"Ladies, I'm craving for some feminism around here. We'll need all the zen in the belly of the beast and enough spice to tear up a new asshole. Make her fabulous."

"A Jietai Nadeshiko coming right up, Boss! Saki, you got the legs."

As the other two lifted her out of sight, Kazuya continued.

"Next up, Furachi, you coordinate with the armored and come bail us out once you hear gunshots. Find us dead, raise hell."

"Raise hell, rog'."

With the game plan sorted, the two suited up as salarymen/women. Honestly, they look like off-brand clothes models you'd find on sale on the internet or something. They hopped inside the carriage waiting for them. This was not a combat situation. They came in naked with Private Maeda's hairpin knife sheathed in her bun.

The carriage passed under the gate from a few days ago, and the ride continued for a few more minutes. They stopped, submitted themselves to a frisk, and Kazuya smuggled the Skorpion vz. 61 and magazines across their waists.

All the focus placed a dent in their curiosity and wonder as they walked across the endless red carpet and art gallery of distinguished monarchs and heroes, providing the observant something to interpret while settling their insurance straight from the former Czechoslovak SR.

In what seemed like forever, the Second Order Knight stopped by the door guarded by knights with a golden canary emblazoned on the blue-painted breastplates, whose elegance was the of the fleur-de-lis, yet soaring from Kazuya's left with ferocious wings spread like an eagle at an upstroke, its beak open in a defiant shriek. It was like a symbol of resistance.

Past that, they got one hell of a pair of spaulders. The knights were already big boys, but those shoulder armor multiplied that to 'definitely ripping you into two.' Given enough lighting, they got that Boss Battle atmosphere in fanart.

"Her Majesty the Queen and Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess are waiting for you."

She left Kazuya time to think with a knock, but not enough to make sense of her walking in and following. This was not the belly of the beast but the goddamn stomach acid. It was a humble parlor, comfortable, not exhausting to the eye compared to the vanity the capital presented.

It was Quiet Rich, unlike those brands that plaster their logo all over the leather and market it to poor people as luxury. Captain Phyllis and Vice Captain Beretta flanked the two women of admiralty on the sofa with enough gold, colorful buttons, and embroidery to demarcate the difference.

"Mister Nagato, before you is Her Majesty, Queen Isabella Velhelm, and Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Aria."

Kazuya and Maeda's traditions kick in, bending ninety degrees slowly, enough to sneak a deep breath in. The training in his powers was there, but there's a procedure for this! It should've begun with foreplay, finding a middleman amongst the nobility to introduce the envoy! They might have missed their chance with the Duchess, but still.