| one |

The wind swept through Lexi's hair, the icy air hitting her face as she rode on the back of the jeep through the Sokovian forest

The wind swept through Lexi's hair, the icy air hitting her face as she rode on the back of the jeep through the Sokovian forest. Her and Clint were on the back, firing arrows and bullets at the guards attacking them while Natasha drove them towards the base. Tony and Thor flew above them, taking out any enemies that were in the air, while Steve attacked while riding his motorcycle nearby.

Lexi's eyes scanned the area, her knives floating smoothly around the jeep as they took out anyone who came into her eye-line. The green blur of the hulk came into view as he ran in front of the jeep, roaring as he pulled apart the guards, throwing them like a child throwing toys from a toy-box. As the jeep came to the end of the path, Natasha swerved to the right as all three jumped out and over the barrier. Lexi had her guns raised, the rest of the team alongside her as they flew forward to take out the line of guards in front of them.

Lexi's knives followed her, circling around and knocking out any enemy that came within a metre of her. Lexi used her guns to fire at those who were far away, as well as taking out those that came to close with hand-to-hand combat.

"Shit!" her dad's voice filtered through her comms device, electing a small chuckle from her at her dad's reaction.

"Language!" Steve scolded, "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's sceptre must be here," Thor confirmed, his grunts filtering through the comms as he fought off the guards surrounding him. "Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it. At long last."

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha remarked.

"Uhh, hello?" Lexi sung out, "I'm here too, Romanoff."

"And girl."

"Thank you."

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise," Clint stated.

"You think, birdman?" Lexi joked as she swiped her leg on the ground to take out another guard, before sending a knife up to a watchtower, watching as it sliced through another three.

"Wait a second," Tony interrupted, "no one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said... 'language'?"

"I know," Steve groaned before releasing a deep sigh, "just slipped out."

Lexi was alone in her part of the woods as she fought off the tens of guards around her. Her mind was beginning to tire from the use of her powers, and she feared she may have to resort to only her guns and combat if her dad and Steve didn't retrieve the sceptre soon.

"Guys, I could do with a little help here," she grunted through the comms as she struggled to fight off two guards at once.

"Lexi, where are you?" Natasha's voice filtered through, the worry laced in her tone for only Lexi to hear.