| three |

Later that night, the Avengers and their closer companions sat in the room laughing and drinking as they recuperated from their mission a few days previous

Later that night, the Avengers and their closer companions sat in the room laughing and drinking as they recuperated from their mission a few days previous. Lexi returned with drinks from the bar for herself, Maria and Natasha, handing them off to the woman before sitting down next to Maria.

"But it's a trick," Clint complained as the brunette sat down, her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to figure out what the topic of conversation was now.

"No, no, it's much more than that," Thor replied, only confusing the woman even more.

"I'm sorry, what are they talking about now?" she whispered to Maria who was listening to the conversation with amusement.

"Barton thinks he can lift Thor's hammer."

"Gotcha."

"Ah, whoever be he worthy shall haveth the power," Clint mocked as he twirled some drumsticks around his finger. "Whatever, man! It's a trick."

"Please, be my guest," Thor gestured to his hammer that was sitting perfectly upright on the table. The whole room went silent at this sentence as they all looked to Clint in amusement.

"Really?"

Clint stood from where he was seated, giving Lexi the perfect opportunity to sit next to Nat as she stood from her seat on the floor, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to the redhead, saying, "Oh, I need to get a better view of this." Nat's eyes widened slightly as Lexi passed her, seeing some of the marks she left were very visible and she nudged her slightly as she sat down. "What?" Lexi hissed.

"Face this way, don't look in your dad's direction," Nat ordered quietly.

"Well, that's gonna be pretty hard to do since he's directly opposite me," Lexi muttered through gritted teeth. "It'll be fine, he's seen stuff like this before. And I'm used to lying about it."

"Oh, this is gonna be beautiful," Rhodey remarked.

"Clint, you've had a tough week," Tony said sympathetically, "we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up."

"Top ten things Clint has heard while having sex," Lexi chimed, electing laughs from the others as Natasha smacked her on the upside of her head, though had to bite back her own smile at the brunette's remark.

"Funny," Clint grinned sarcastically, turning around to point his finger at the brunette who winked back in response. "You know I've seen this before, right?" Thor nodded as Clint grabbed the handle of the hammer and began to pull, grunting as he struggled to lift the hammer by even a millimetre. "I still don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony remarked.

"Please, Stark, by all means," Clint allowed Tony to step up and have his turn. Adjusting his suit, the billionaire stood and made his way around the table, the marks on his daughter not going amis as he wagged his finger at the woman, gesturing to her neck. "Me and you are having a talk after this, kid. Never one to shrink from an honest challenge. It's physics. Right, so, if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?"