| six |

Lexi happily sipped on the double vodka and coke Laura had kindly given her - she needed it after the few days they'd all had

Lexi happily sipped on the double vodka and coke Laura had kindly given her - she needed it after the few days they'd all had. Natasha sat to her right, the rest of the Avengers scattered around the kitchen as they listened to Fury, who was alerted by Hill about the whole situation.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something."

Lila ran in from the living room, going straight to Natasha and Lexi as she handed them both a sheet of paper with two butterflies drawn on, seemingly holding hands, the words 'Nat + Lex' scribbled in messy handwriting at the top. The two women smiled warmly at the girl, Natasha rubbing her cheek affectionately while Lexi ruffled her hair, electing a small giggle from the girl before she ran back to the living room.

"The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing," Fury continued.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve questioned from his place at the doorway.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though."

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked as he threw another dart.

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony remarked.

"So did I," Lexi pointed out, Natasha turning to look at her with a quirked eyebrow, surprised to hear this.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that," Fury began.

"Nexus?" Steve asked in confusion.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo," Bruce explained to the super soldier, "Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth."

"Honestly, Stevo, did Google teach you nothing?" Lexi shook her head in fake disappointment, looking up to see Steve giving her an unamused look, though she could tell he was holding back his smile.

"So, what'd they say?" Clint spoke up, examining one of the darts.

"He's fixated on the missiles," Fury explained, "But the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?" Tony queried as Clint threw a dart, it narrowly missing the billionaire's face.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Nat asked.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo," Tony announced, "Find our unknown."

"I'll go with you," Lexi spoke up, turning to look at her father who gave her a small nod. Turning back around, she seen Natasha giving her a look asking 'are you sure', to which Lexi gave her a reassuring nod, resting a hand on the redhead's thigh underneath the table, feeling Natasha rest her own hand on top, giving Lexi's a small squeeze.