| five |

Silence filled the Quinjet as it flew over the Atlantic Ocean, everyone - with the exception of Clint and Tony - in dazes as they stared at nothing in particular

Silence filled the Quinjet as it flew over the Atlantic Ocean, everyone - with the exception of Clint and Tony - in dazes as they stared at nothing in particular. Lexi sat at the back of the jet next to Natasha, though her mind was elsewhere as she replayed the images over and over again in her head. Her 'mother', the look of betrayal on Nat's face, the anger her father held for her... it haunted her.

"The news is loving you guys," Maria's voice barely registered in Lexi's head, "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air."

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony questioned, his eyes glued to his daughter, worry flooding his mind as he wondered what she was shown by the witch.

"Already on the scene... How's the team?"

"Everyone's..." Tony drawled off, looking around at the group as he tried to find the right words, "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Lexi okay?"

Tony sighed, his eyes being drawn back to his daughter with worry, "Hard to tell."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

Tony sighed in defeat, "Neither do we." Ending the call with Hill, he approached Clint in the pilot's seat, "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good," Clint answered, turning around to look at Tony before flickering his gaze to where Lexi sat, "You should go check on your daughter. We're still a few hours out."

"Few hours from where?"

"A safe house."

Tony seemed to approve of his answer as he gave him a quick nod before moving back to go check on Lexi. Crouching down in front of her, he waved his hand gently in front of her face, sighing when he received no response. "What did she show you, huh?" he spoke quietly, brushing a stray hair from her face and tucking it behind her ear before planting a kiss on her forehead. Standing back up, he took one last look at her before deciding to go and take a nap, though getting very little sleep as his mind worried for his daughter.

The Quinjet landed in a field nearby a small farmhouse in the countryside of Iowa, the propellers blowing away the stray leaves and twigs that littered the grass as it touched down on the ground.

Clint led the way to the house with Natasha under his arm, keeping the woman steady as they walked. Tony was close behind the two, doing the same thing with his daughter, while Thor, Steve and Bruce followed behind.

"What is this place?" Thor asked as they walked up the steps to the house, voicing what everyone else was thinking.

"Safe house," Tony answered, feeling Lexi slowly come out of her daze from beside him as she looked around with furrowed brows.