16

5 YEARS LATER

"The decadents have ruined Paris if you ask me." Aunt March complained, resting her head in the palm of her hand. "These French woman couldn't lift a hair brush." she chuckled at herself.

Both Clara and Aunt March were sat in a carriage on their way back to their home. Aunt March was complaining per usual and Clara was reading a letter from her family.

"Clara!"

"Hm?" Clara looked at Aunt March who had pulled her out of her trance.

"I said these French woman couldn't lift a hairbrush." Aunt March repeated herself.

"Very true Aunt March." Clara smiled averting her eyes back down to the letter in her hands, her finger lightly graced the edge of the paper as she began re-reading the letter for the fifth time this carriage ride.

"What do they write? Your troublemaking family?" Aunt March asked looking over Claras shoulder to see the note.

"Mother doesn't say anything about Beth." Clara informed looking over to her aunt March,  "I feel like I should go back but they all say 'stay' " she admitted

"You can do nothing if you go back." Aunt March scolded, poking Clara in the shoulder, "The girl is sick not lonely, and you shouldn't go home until you and George Irvine are properly engaged."

"Yes and until i've completed all of my french lessons of course" Clara watched as Aunt March huffed slightly, but Clara couldn't be mad I mean Aunt March had provided Clara with so much, Clara was even meant to be properly engaged this month.

"Oh yes yes." Aunt March made a shooing manner with her hand in the air. "Of course."

Clara shook her head slightly before drawing her eyes to the side. And that's when she saw it, her lopsided smile and strong jaw-lined boy. So many emotions and memories came flooding back to her in seconds. The feeling of goosebumps and butterflies, smiles, blushing, and almost kisses, and ice skating?

"Stop the carriage!" Clara shouted still not tearing her eyes away, "Laurie!"

"Clara!" Aunt March yelled watching Clara hop out of the carriage. Clara would never act out like this, not in front of her Aunt March at least,  but when it came to Laurie, her Laurie she just couldn't help herself.

"Laurie! Laurie! Laurie!" Clara shouted her feet guiding her along to the boy she had most wanted to see for 5 years.

"Clara!" He turned around to face the smaller girl a  smiling on his face. He then grabbed Clara's waist picking her up and twirling her in the air. "My you've grown so much!"

"i can't believe your in Paris." Clara smiled as he set her down carefully, the same feeling of butterflies he gave her all those years ago still not entirely going away, "How have we not ran into each other before?"

"Maybe I just couldn't recognize you because your so beautiful." Laurie complemented placing his hand on Clara's arm.

"Oh stop it." Clara laughed a blush emerging on her cheeks. She couldn't help but feel 13 again.

"I thought you liked that kind of thing?" Laurie smiled looking Clara up and down.

"Where is your grandfather?" Clara asked, avoiding the question.

"he's is in Germany." Laurie nodded slowly letting go of Clara's arm.

"oh," Clara said "and I expect you have some lovely rich European lady waiting at home for you?" she smiled, a part of her not wanting her statement to be true.

"No." Laurie said shaking his head. Clara let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"I couldn't believe Jo turned you down i'm so sorry." Clara slowly said, not entirely sure how Laurie felt about the whole situation. She remembered how Jo felt. Mad. She felt Mad that Laurie would even think such things, she felt mad when Laurie left too, Clara remembers.

"Don't be Clara, i'm not." Laurie stated giving Clara her favorite lopsided smile.

and then the two starred into each others eyes and everything around them just washed away because nothing mattered except the two humans in complete bliss. it was perfect.

"Clara!" Aunt Marsh yelled pulling the two out of there moment, "Clara March get back here right now!"

"I've gotta go." Clara smiled nodding towards the carriage behind her before walking back to her Aunt March.

Laurie sneakily walked up on Aunt March placing a kiss on her cheek, as Clara entered the carriage "Aren't you looking grand." he stated, causing Clara to let out a giggle like a school girl.

"Oh! Laurie come to the New year's eve party it's a ball and everyone will be their!" Clara explained with a smile on her face as the carriage began to move "pick me up at the hotel at 8, The Chavian."

Laurie nodded as he retained Clara's information. Just then he hopped off the side of the carriage.

"Oh and Laurie dress for festivities!" Clara yelled, throwing his hands in the "Top hats and silks!"

"I'll wear my best silk!" Laurie called smiling at the blonde as he walked backwards.

Clara then turned around, facing forwards. she then looked towards Aunt March who didn't look pleased.

"It's Laurie." Clara pleaded watching her Aunt March carefully.

"I know." Aunt March tutted, she sighed before rolling her eyes and looking away from Clara.