17

There Clara was dancing the night away hand in hand with George Irvine. George was the kind of man most ladies fell for. He had money, was handsome, and was polite, a true gentleman if you will.

Clara had a new kind of love with George. Not the kind of love Meg had with Mr.Brookes that she wished for long ago, nor was this love the way her mother and father felt for one another, this love was new, something she had never experienced before. She couldn't quite decide the way George and her felt for one another yet, but she new that it was just true, pure, love.

Claras eyes turned towards the stairs were in came Laurie. Drunk. Two French woman glued to his sides.

Clara excused her self from George watching the way he smiled knowingly at her. George always knew what Clara was thinking before she spoke, making the twos conversations with one another so easy.

Clara angrily walked over to Laurie who hobbled onto a chair and rested his head on one of the two ladies laps.

"I waited for you for over an hour." Clara snapped, Clara had changed over her time without Laurie around. She wasn't the same old girl who would let anyone make her feel strong emotions without her saying something. She wasn't going to let Laurie toss her feelings around like he's some jester and she's just his stupid juggling ball.

"I feel caught." Laurie mumbled standing up, his drink sloshed around in his cup, part of it spilling onto his trousers.

"Funny." Clara said walking away. If Laurie was going to act this way she wasn't going to deal with him.

"Oh Clara please." Laurie pled running after Clara, his drink spilling everywhere.

"You are so ignorant Theodore Laurence." Clara scoffed turning to look at Laurie.

"Using my full name now are we?" Laurie smirked taking a sip of the liquid he held in his hands.

"Do you think this is a game?" Clara snapped "I put myself out their and I invited you here, and then you don't pick me up, and come waltzing in with some French ladies which, i know you don't even know their names." she aggressively pointed her finger at his chest, her nostrils flared as her teeth gritted together.

"Oh i'll be good for you Clara I will." Laurie mumbled grabbing her wrist with his hand that his drink wasn't in.

Clara then looked up at Laurie the two making eye contact. Laurie's hazel eyes where practically mocking. Clara quickly looked away but she knew Laurie noticed the way he can easily make her blush. Drunk or not.

"You should be ashamed of a hand like that." Clara scoffed wiggling her wrist out of Laurie's tight grasp.

"Most people are not." Laurie stated looking at his hands. Clara couldn't help but notice the ring that lay on his finger. A hideous ring in fact. 

"That ring is ridiculous." Clara spat looking at the ugly gold outline that wrapped around the metal.

"Jo gave me this ring." Laurie admitted spinning his hand around to admire it.

"I feel sorry for you I really do." Clara acknowledged "i'd just wish you'd know how to wear it better."

"You don't have to feel sorry for me Clara I know one day you will the same." Laurie stated

"No Laurie, because my love won't be like yours, because I don't go hopping around from boy to boy, moving onto another once one decides he doesn't want me. I shall be respected ." Clara explained

"Well I know what your respecting." Laurie mumbled walking into the middle of the ballroom "Spending George Irvine's fortune. GEORGE IRIVNE EVERYONE!" He shouted spilling the rest of his drink causing the music to stop playing and all eyes go to Laurie.

"George." Clara whispered looking into George's eyes. "I am so sorry."