20

"Hello Aunt March." Clara smiled softly, walking into the room where Aunt March was sat.

"Oh that Laurence boy was just here." Aunt March informed, delicately taking a sip of her tea.

"He was?" Clara asked carefully sitting down.

"What a disappointment he's turned out to be." Aunt March concluded "Must be the Italian in him." She looked up from her tea to stare at Clara watching the way her face dropped.

"When will he be back?" Clara asked. Laurie couldn't leave her. He just couldn't. Not like this. Not until
she told Laurie that she loved him back.

"He's gone to London." Aunt March informed placing her tea cup down "Why?" she asked.

Clara starred at the wall not knowing what to say, she felt tears make there way into her eyes. How could he leave her like this?

"What do you need to discuss with him?" Aunt March asked folding her old wrinkled hands on her lap.

"I... I just told George Irvine I wouldn't marry him." Clara sighed a single tears falling from her eye. She looked from the wall to Aunt March who looked horrified, all that Aunt March had done for her all the time, energy, and money put into this girl didn't matter because she had feeling for another boy. One that had turned out to be a disappointment to add on.

Aunt march then glanced back down to her tea cup taking another sip. Avoiding eye contact with Clara at all costs as she shook her head.

-

Beth was gone. Beth had died. They're would be no Beth when Clara returned home. The sound of her Piano wouldn't be echoing through the home. There would be no more of her warm sensitive smile when things got tough. There would be no more Beth.

There Clara stood watching as the Carriage man put her suitcases in the carriage tears streaming down her face. She didn't feel the need the need to wipe her tears, she just wanted to go home. She wanted to see her Marme and her sisters and hannah.

Laurie then walked up to her from behind and stood next to her. Watching tears stream out from her face and onto the pavement below them.

Clara looked over her shoulder at him, a small sob escaped her lips as he gave her a hug. She held her hand close her chest, as she rested her chin on Laurie's shoulder. No words were spoken but the action alone let each other know exactly how they felt.

"I couldn't let you travel alone." Laurie softly whispered to her. "Even if i'm ignorant."

"Your not ignorant Laurie." Clara sobbed causing Laurie to hold her tighter. "Beth was the best of us." she cried pulling away. Clara couldn't even begin imagining her life without Beth their by her side. Clara didn't know what she was going to do with herself.

Clara then took a deep breath trying to hold it together. "I'm not marrying George." She admitted.

"I heard about that." Laurie said brushing his finger over her cheeks to wipe away her tears.

"I didn't love him enough as i should. It wasn't fair to him." she sniffed. "Laurie I need to tell you something-"

Laurie lips touched hers. Theodore Laurence had kissed Clara March. Claras felt fireworks explode from behind her, and butterflies erupt from her chest as she kissed him back. She wrapped her hands around his neck as he snaked his arm around her waist, pulling the smaller girl closer to him. The kiss lingered for a while the two not wanting to let go. And everything in the world washed away. Clara didn't care anymore if she wasn't marrying George because she had Laurie now and that's all that mattered.

Clara was the first to pull away."Laurie I love you. I've always loved you. Your the only boy i've ever truly loved."

"I know." Laurie whispered tucking a strand of her hair behind her ears. He held onto her chin quickly pulling her in for another kiss the second one didn't last as long was but was still as meaningful as the first.

"Uhh are you guys ready to go?" The carriage driver awkwardly asked staring at the two. He fidgeted with his hands before looking away with a blush on his face.

"Yes." Clara laughed looking over at the carriage man. She took Laurie's hand into her own pulling Laurie into the carriage with her.

The two were in complete bliss with each other. Just loving everything the other had to offer.