Prologue

A group of five were walking down a hall leading to the Great Hall. All of them were laughing hysterically at the prank they had just pulled off.

The group consisted of James Fleamont Potter or 'Prongs', Sirius Orion Black III or 'Padfoot', Remus John Lupin or 'Moony', Peter Pettigrew or 'Wormtail' and Sofia Rushman or 'Luna'.

They call themselves, the Marauders.

They all were to caught up in their happines at the prank they just pulled of, that they did not notice another group approaching them. That group consisted of Lucius Malfoy, Severus Snape and the Lestrange brothers, Rodolphus and Rabastan.

They call themselves, the Silver Snake.

When the Marauders noticed the other group of boys approching, their laughter died down, same with their mood. The two group of people had never gotten along with each other, or the boys in the group never got along with each other.

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter were all in Gryffindor while Sofia was in Slytherin. Lucius, Severus, Rodolphus and Rabastan were all in Slytherin as well.

It everyone in the magical comunity knows about the feud between the two houses. But the reason of why it started from the very beginning of Hogwarts is not known. Now the Gryffindor or more like the light side hate the Slytherin or any dark family, because anything dark is "evil" and "bad". The Slytherin house had become the token of evil for the people in the british wizarding world.

James and Sirius is one of the many people that hate the dark side or anything dark, even though Sirius was born to a dark family. His resentment came from the abuse he was put through in his former house. He was disowned this summer.

Remus, who is a dark creature, was neutral. He did not hate all and anything dark, he just left it alone. Peter... did not have much thoughts on the dark side, he only wanted to survive until he was eighty.

Sofia was neutral in the thought of any and all things considered dark, she herself had a grey core so in turn she could not judge. She did have many thoughts on the light side, but kept them to herself and only spoke up on any of those thoughts when she was with her Slytherin acquaintance.

The groups stood face to face with each other, the Silver Four had smirks curling at the ends of their lips. "What?" James Potter asked, he was the one that was most impatient in the group, Sirius was second on the pedestal on the impatient side.

The Silver Snake boys smirks widen, they could not wait to tell their fellow snake what they had not told her about. They had held it in from fifth year, so in almost three years. Even though they did not want to be the cause of her hurt, they knew she deserved to know the truth.

It was not supposed to go on for so long, it was only meant to be taken with a grain of salt. But of course the Marauders just had to keep going and making it worse.

The Silver Snake and Sofia had a habit of pulling pranks on each other and this one time when they made a bet with the other group---that did not involve her, mind you---she was dragged into it.

The boys in the Marauders grew nervous, they did not know what the other group wanted with them but they had come to a conclusion. And they hoped that they were wrong, they did not want it to be revealed to Sofia, they all had forgotten about it.

"Sofia, darling, we need to tell you something." Rabastan Lestrange said, Sofia being the oblivious, innocent self smiled up at him gently. It made it harder... to tell the truth, but it needed to be done with.

"Your friendship with the Marauders has not been real." Sofia laughed, she thought it was another prank, a failed attempt on this one. But when she glanced at the others in her little group, she had been calling brothers in everything but blood and saw their expression. Sofia knew it was not a prank.

They all bore a guilty expression.

"We made a bet, it had nothing to do with you, Elskan, but they dragged you into it. We were not allowed to interact with you for a whole month and they could not prank anyone for a whole month. We were going to get fifty galleons each." Rodolphus quickly explained, when he saw the infamous blank expression Sofa had on.

And that was all it took for her to run away from them, ignoring the calls from the Marauders. The boys stood in their spot, shocked by the way they were outed. This was not how it went, or it was not how it went in their delusinal minds.

She ran to her dorm, her beloved Silver Snakes behind her. They stopped when they saw her frantically pack up all of her things. They stood there for a few moments before walking into her dorm and helping her pack up her things. The boys knew there was no changing of her decision.

While they packed her things up, Sofia sent one of the school owls to her 'home', stating that she was coming back, she did not elaborate any further.

Sitting down on her desk chair, she slumped in her seat. Tears welling up in her eyes, she sniffled as quietly she could, but the boys heard her. They all stopped in their tracks, Lucius and Severus kneeled down on the floor and put laid their heads down on her tigh, holding her hands in their own.

Rodolphus and Rabstan stood behind her, hugging her from behind. Kissing her temple and cheek when sniffled. All of them gazed up at her with soft eyes. They had never seen her this broken... this betrayed.

Sofia softly nudged them of her and grabbed her bags, the small group of five sneaked into the library and stole many books in there and in the restricted section, the boys knew Sofia would need the books and they knew she needed to buy more but these would do for now.

They sneaked out of the school and waited for the train to come. They did a group hug while they waited, soon the train came and Sofia boarded the train, kissing their cheeks as a goodbye and them kissing her temple or forehead.

"We'll keep in contact, I swear. It will take time though. Wait for me." the boys nodded. And Sofia was of back to London, where she knew Madame B was waiting.

---
Meanwhile the Marauders boys were searching for Sofia all around the school, but they failed to find her.

A bet was made in fifth year and almost three years later a friendship had been shattered by the same bet, with one boy getting his heart broken.
---

The Silver Snake sneaked back into the castle with heavy hearts, the... Slytherin Queen had left them all because of foolish boys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words:1180