Chapter #3.) The Rose's Thorns.

Cassie's POV:

I finally was able to walk properly again, so I looked around the house more. After finding some of my old stuff in a closet downstairs, I relaxed a bit on my bed. I looked down at my old mask, the white pumpkin and I felt bad, looking at it. "It's like It's a separate person." I said, looking at my old mask. I couldn't help but feel like I was a monster. I felt my eyes water as I looked at the mask and threw it on the ground. Beginning to cry, I began to look at more of my old stuff, my axe, my old outfit, it all just made me feel terrible.

Lukas' POV:

I heard sobbing coming from Cassie's room and noticed some of her stuff was gone; so, I walked upstairs and opened the door to Cassie's room, seeing her looking at her old stuff, sobbing. "Cassie, are you ok?" I asked, making Cassie flinch before she looked at me, sobbing like a child who just lost their parents. "I'm a monster... aren't I...?" Cassie asked, looking at the mask. "What?" I spoke, my voice concerned. "No, you're not a monster. What makes you say that...?" Cassie looked up at me; then, back at the mask, and she spoke "I... I was so blinded by wanting to leave I- I killed people, Innocent and honest people." Cassie sobbed harder.

"Why did you save a broken wreck like me? Why save something unsalvageable...?" Cassie asked, tears streaming down her face. I sat down on her bed and motioned for her to sit next to me. "Cassie," I began to speak, my voice calm. "you're not unsalvageable. Sure, you've killed people and yes you were blinded, but your last name is Rose. Every rose has its thorns, right?" Cassie hugged me, sobbing and wailing, and tears were flowing down her face as I hugged her back. She didn't stop crying, for a good couple of minutes before she stopped. "Cassie... are you ok?" I asked, tilting Cassie's head up to reveal that she had cried herself to sleep.

I sighed calmly and let her snuggle with me for a few minutes before I slowly began to drift off to sleep myself.