Chapter 4: The Trust Fall

A/N: Trigger warnings for:
-mention of sexual assault (it doesn't happen though)
-strong language
-peril
-violence/blood imagery (in a fantasy)
-consensual sexual content (in a fantasy)

Thank you for your likes and comments! I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's a little spicy, I couldn't resist ;)

P.S. I changed how Moon-Jo's bedroom looks for the story only.

********

After studying with her group of friends, Nalia had gone to dinner with Haru at a local ramen place and then they'd spent some time at a park. She couldn't believe how long they'd just sat there talking. Her thoughts of Moon-Jo had completely disappeared; it was only Haru that occupied her mind. After all, he was much closer to her age and cute as well. She had been engaging in a fantasy, thinking about her dentist neighbor. He was just too much older and they were too different. How could it ever work?

Still, Nalia found herself telling Haru about her experience, encouraging him to seek help for his own tooth problems.

"He might even do it for you too," Nalia was saying.

"So he actually did do it for free? Wow!" Haru exclaimed. They were walking together back towards the intersection, the one where they would part. He would go to his place, and she back to Eden.

"Yeah!" she cried. "It was really nice. Almost painless. I feel so much better too." She touched her cheek, where Moon-Jo's hair had grazed it hours before, prior to singing to her. "He's really sweet."

"I'm glad!"

Haru didn't seem jealous, which annoyed Nalia a little bit. She wanted him to be bothered by her perceived interest in another guy.

"Yeah, me too. He's old as hell though. Well okay, not old as hell, but like 33. No thanks!" She held her hand up like she was saying "stop."

Haru laughed. "Yeah, makes sense." They reached the intersection. "Well, guess we need to go now. I'll see you on later." He took a deep breath. "Today was really fun for me, Nalia."

She blushed. "It was for me too."

Haru stuck his hands in his jacket pocket, avoiding her gaze. "Do you want to go to Best Boba after school on Monday?"

"Sure, it's a date!" Nalia smiled. Haru blushed this time and nodded.

"Cool. Hey, text me when you get home. It's pretty late."

Nalia nodded. "Will do."

"Thanks, Nalia. Bye!"

"Bye, Haru."

They parted ways and Nalia began her lonely walk, filled with warmth from her day spent with not one, but two gorgeous guys.

Nobody was really on the street anymore; besides a few old guys smoking outside of a bar, it was silent. She trudged along, thinking about how much she liked all of her new friends, especially Haru. He was so sweet and considerate, not like the American guys she knew back home who were just big brutes. She hoped that something could develop between them. Maybe the next time they were alone she could make a move...

Nalia stopped suddenly. She didn't know why, but she felt like she was being watched. She whirled around, but saw no one behind her. She peeked into the alley, and no one was there either. There wasn't a single sound except for her own breathing.

Girl, you need to get a grip.

She continued up the steps towards Eden. She was actually thankful to see the dirty old building, if only because she knew it meant she was close to "home." Once again though, there was an eerie feeling of surveillance. She looked around again, but saw no one. She sighed.