Chapter 14: The Turning

A/N (Content Warning: rough consensual sexual content and a general message)
Please read first! I want to reiterate a few things about my story just for your own protection.
1. I myself am an adult. I write for myself. I am really glad other people enjoy this but please keep in mind that content may be explicit. The story is rated mature for a reason and while I will always give trigger warnings, I remember being younger (and not even that, sometimes it happened to me as I got older too) and reading things that I wasn't ready for that made me feel a certain type of way, so please just be gentle with yourself. I will still appreciate your support even if you skip things that make you uncomfortable.
2. The story is a work of fiction and is primarily a romance between a girl and a literal cannibal murderer, meaning that certain things are bound to happen in this story that involve that in some way, especially as I do try to keep faithful to the basis of the story Strangers From Hell. Please keep in mind that MoonJo ≠ Dongwook and while I do love the concept of Moonjo as a character I in no way condone violence. The way each character acts in the story is just fiction.
3. In reference to the two points above: I will NEVER write NON-CONSENSUAL sex. I have no reason to involve that in a story EVER. But, even though the sex in my stories is consensual, it might sometimes be rough or involve #justmoonjothings aka blood imagery etc. This chapter is one of them so please, be careful with yourself and remember that this is all just fiction and is not what a relationship or sex HAS to be like.
Your support means the world to me and I love u. 
<3 xooxox C

**Haru's perspective**

Haru typed rapidly into his keyboard in Korean, knowing that using the local language would yield better results than English. He hadn't thought that his conversation with the Mugunghwa owners would give him such a huge clue, but he was grateful for it, even if the only key words he knew were simple: 

2006. Eunhye-dong University. Murder.

Google failed to come up with any results, which was surprising. He sighed. What had the old woman said?

"After what happened to his first girlfriend..."

It couldn't have been anything BUT a death, right? Haru figured Moon-Jo wasn't the romantic type, at least not the type to buy out an entire restaurant as part of some grand gesture to win someone's heart back. If some girl had dumped him and he wanted to salvage it, he would probably just do it... or move on, he didn't seem like the emotional type either. Clearly he wasn't with this girl anymore, so she must have died. But why wasn't there any record of it?

He typed again, this time adding the words female victim. Not surprisingly, there were a few stories about campus assaults. Haru shook his head. It was horrible, but it wasn't what he was looking for. There had to be something!

He sighed and leaned back in his computer chair, which he'd pushed up against his dining room table. Ever since the incident with Moon-Jo at Eden, he dragged his desk in front of the door every night. He could tell by the look that Moon-Jo gave him in front of the school that he didn't quite buy his forgiveness, and that he could be back at any time. Haru hoped he would be preoccupied with courting Nalia for a while, giving him the time to conclude the research.

In his notebook, he'd written "Seo Moon-Jo" and "Um Bok-Sun," and in between them he had drawn a line labelled "Eden Residence." He penned another line, stemming from Moon-Jo's name, to a bubble labelled "Mugunghwa." Underneath, he drew a line to a new circle where he wrote "Girlfriend?"

Searches for "Um Bok-Sun" in relation to the restaurant yielded nothing; clearly this was an endeavour that the dentist alone had taken on. Haru was probably also wrong about his earlier assumption that Moon-Jo had funded the orphanage in some way. He was way too young to have been established in his career when the place was in operation, he noted down.