Chapter 11: Paranoia

**A/N Thank u for all ur comments about Hana's chapter and MJ's backstory. I promise this isn't the last we'll see of Moon-Jo's past but I had to bring us back to the present, love you <3 I'm going to post a trigger warning here for like... psychosis? I don't want to spoil it before you read but I guess I can say I have Haru going a little Jong-Woo here with his thoughts. Also tw for blood.**

**Haru's perspective, several days after his dental visit with Moon-Jo**

Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt.

Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt.

Bzzt.

"Your call could not be completed as dialed. Please try the number again later."

Haru kicked a stray rock in front of him and cursed. This was the fourth time that Des had neglected to answer his call. He hadn't heard his voice since they had studied together the day before he left Korea. Every time he texted him, Des gave him a weird excuse for why he couldn't do a video or voice call. It was more than suspicious, but only Haru seemed to think so.

He sat down on the bus bench and scuttled his fingers across his keypad.

Haru: Des, is everything okay? Why won't you answer?
Des: lol, off my dick mate, im busy
Haru: I'm serious. Did you happen to go to Saemteo Dental Clinic before you went home?
Des: wots that
Des: oh that gay dentist guy
Des: no way man
Des: [gay slur] i'd never go see him
Des: y harry? u think he stole ur girl? hahaha

Haru sighed. Only Des had ever called him Harry... The texts sounded like him—right down to his bad spelling and his homophobia—but it just did not add up.

And now, Nalia was avoiding him. He'd seen her at school and had tried to talk to her, but she'd walked away with her friends. Josie had given him a reproachful look, but none of the four girls clued him in about anything, even when he texted them to ask. Jack didn't seem to know anything either. What did I do wrong?

He had also noted, with a certain bitterness, that Nalia's neck was covered in lovebites, despite her feeble attempts to disguise them with scarves and makeup. That was where she was that night. She lied to me. He's already gotten to her... Seo Moon-Jo. But what is he planning to do with her? And how does it connect to Des?

Haru: IDK. I think she's already seeing him. She's got hickies up to her eyeballs.
Des: lol rip my man
Des: u should forget about her harry

Haru didn't respond. He put his phone in his jacket pocket. It was starting to get colder in Seoul, and the days were getting shorter as well. Since Nalia and the other girls had decided he was persona non grata in their circle, he had few friends besides Jack, and spent most of his evenings after school with his parents or alone. He stopped at Best Boba to grab a green tea milk tea, and decided he would just go home.

After thanking the cashier, he turned and looked up at the Saemteo clinic. The blinds were drawn, and the little "We're closed!" sign with a sad tooth cartoon was hung on the door. Weird, he thought. It's like 5:00 on a Wednesday.

He put his change into his pocket and walked in the direction of his own apartment. There were still plenty of people in the streets, of course, since it was just early evening. He felt a bit lonely passing by them.

After a few blocks, he started to get a strange feeling, almost like someone was... watching him? He whipped around, but didn't see anyone familiar. His phone buzzed.

Des: u should forget about her harry

Haru rolled his eyes.

Haru: yeah yeah i know, no need to say it twice