rain dances ( Gakurin )

Rin frowns , hugging her knees to her chest . On the other end of the sofa was Kaito , blatantly ignoring Rin's sorrowful state reading a book. Len had been himself again at practice , or worse . Every time she'd slip up he'd lash out at her , pointing out everything wrong with her. She'd tried to tell Kaito , but Kaito simply told her to suck it up , which to Rin felt worse than anything Len had done . She expected Len to behave how he does , but usually Kaito would be kind . She quietly stands , being ignored as she walks out of the house .

She watched as she walked , her feet splashing the thin layer of water from the rain pouring from the heavens . Usually , Rin loves the rain ,but being alone without Kaito's warm embrace makes her shiver , a small sigh leaving her lips. She thought the rain would cheer her up , and yet it's making her feel worse knowing he wasn't nearby .

Rain hit the top of her head , adequately drenching her bow and hair. Sitting on a bench she swings her legs , trying to cheer herself from the overcasting sadness that had been plaguing her recently .

The rain abruptly stopped , or so it seemed , since she couldn't feel it hitting her head , but it still bounced high off the floor. She looked up , seeing an umbrella . She turned her body to face the boy holding it , Kamui Gakupo his name was if she remembered right , same age as Miku . A year older than Kaito , she only really knew him through his interactions with Kaito , the seemingly playful banter , though she could never really tell whether it was all in jest or not.

"Riliane right ?" She watched as he climbed over the back of the bench , just so he could sit beside her . " uhm . . . yes that's me . . . But just Rin is ok . . . " her voice sounded broken , whether it be from the nonstop crying , or the fact Len made her sing with a sore voice she'll never know. Maybe it's both . " your Kamui . . . Kaito's friend . . .?" He gives her a simple nod , glancing over her shivering form , he pulls his coat off , placing it on her . Her head turns toward him , a look of confusion on her soft features.

" you seemed cold. Couldn't let you get ill, Kaito would kill me." He chuckles slightly after saying that , maybe it was supposed to be funny ? Ah well , Rin wasn't in the mood for jokes. " Kaito wouldn't care . . . " a simple sentence helped him understand why she was out here alone , late at night in the pouring rain . With a determined smile he stands , lifting her in his free arm . " what're you doing . . . ?" She wanted to push him away , but he was warm , and the world was cold , and so she nuzzled into him contentedly. "somewhere dry , and happy." He sets off , heading back to his place with her.

When there he sets her down , getting her a simple jumper to wear so she isn't in her current soaked one , she changes in the bathroom , stepping out and being led to the fire , where Kamui sits her down with a blanket and hot cocoa. He sits behind her , so she's wrapped safely in his arms. Eventually , she dozes off to his soothing words of safety .

It'd been months since Rin vanished from the house , all Kaito knew was she was safe . " please refrain from contacting me , I'm safe . It's over." That was the last text he'd gotten from her. Since then , there was no sign of her , and although she said she was safe he still worried. What had gone wrong? Was he not affectionate enough ? Ah no use thinking on it now , he sighs. Standing , he decides to clear his head with a walk in the rain , thinking it'd help .

Oh. But there , in the middle of the night fog and rain , was Kamui and Rin. So that's what happened . His heart shattered , seeing her smiling as Kamui danced with her , just as she and Kaito once had. She was gone. But , at least she's happy . . . Right ?