two souls , one love (kairin)

Kaito sighs . Years had passed since Rin had left him alone , yet his heart still stung at any mention , or reminder of her. He still texts her number , although he'll never get a response. He refuses to believe the story behind her death . He couldn't. He wouldn't. It would disrespect her on many levels. He knows the truth , but always gets brushed off as a grieving boyfriend. He knows Rin couldn't do that to herself. She had promised him . She promised that she'd continue on , never leaving him. She promised they would live together , and live life , He still has the texts where she promised from the night before , when Len had been particularly rough at practice and she was feeling lower than normal. The day after she was found , wide eyed with her stomach slashed open. He knows Len did it to her , he's not dumb. He despises Len . Len acted innocent , like he'd just lost his best friend. Kaito always felt infuriated at that. Len couldn't understand the pain he felt. He could still feel the warmth of her hand , even though his hand had been empty for so long. He knows Rin's still with him , she did promise she wouldn't leave him after all. He'll sit on the roof , watching the stars for hours and the stars respond , even if it's a singular shooting star , there will always be one. There wasn't before when Rin was actually sat by him.

Two cups sat on the table , one untouched , and one empty . The two candles , which had been lit earlier , now only had one still aglow , the other unlit , even though there was still so much left to it.