eight.

-past events-

"photo album on the counter, your cheeks were turning red. you used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin-sized bed. and your mother was telling stories bout you on the tee ball team. you taught me bout your past, thinkin your future was me."

"Oh, look at that one."

Putting his face in his hands in embarrassment, Timothee let out a breathless laugh.

It was Christmas Day, and the two were sitting down in front of the couch, looking over at a photo album that Timothee's mom had brought over. With Christmas music playing, the day was going perfect so far.

Flipping the page, Alya thought it was absolutely adorable.

"You played soccer?"

From across the coffee table, Timothee's mom looked over and answered for him. "Recreational soccer. He begged his dad to put him into some type of club soccer, but he never even played the sport before."

Taking offense, Timothee tried correcting his mother, "Actually I did!"

Alya raised an eyebrow at him.

"At school."

Alya broke into laughter, bringing a smile to Timothee's face.

Nicole wanted to embarrass him even more. After all, it is a mother's job to do so.

"I have thousands of stories about him playing soccer. Let me tell-"

Cheeks turning red, Timothee interrupted his mom. "No! You really don't have to."

"Shush Timothee. I'm telling them anyway."

Setting down her phone, she stared at Timothee and then looked over at Alya. "You know what, ill just tell you one for now."

"Great."

"This story was also embarrassing for me, but whatever. One day before Timothee had a game, he ate a whole bag of hot cheetos. Horrible choice. The first few minutes of the game were going well until the second half. Before the referee was about to blow his whistle, Timothee went over to him and was about to tell him something. I was sure it was about him not feeling well. Anyways, before he was even able to get anything out of his mouth, he threw up."

"Mom!"

"Some of the moms on the team looked over at me in disbelief as if I did something. It was ridiculous. After that, Timothee told me to take him out of soccer."

Alya looked at Timothee, "Is she for real?"

"Sadly."

As Timothee's mom got up to go into the kitchen, she looked down at Alya and gave her a wink, "I'll tell you more some other time."

Giving her a thumbs up in reply, Alya softly laughed.

The song, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" began to faintly start playing.

Beside her was an overly embarrassed Timothee.

Grabbing his hand she reassured him, "Don't worry, I love hearing these stories about your childhood."

Staring at her, he replied with, "Yeah, and in the future we'll be telling our children all about these moments."

Alya's heart fluttered at the thought of her and Timothee spending the rest of their lives together.

Is he really willing to do that?

His eyes traveled to her lips, as she felt her cheeks burning.

Softly attaching his lips to hers, she immediately responded by kissing back.

Pulling away, Timothee gave her another kiss on her forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too."

AUTHOR SPEAKING!

ew the ending was so cliche. i suck at writing those type of things, but you guys have to get used to it🤗

anyways, i lied. i said i wasn't gonna publish today, but here is my present to you all.

HAPPY HOLIDAYSSS!!!

i hate timothee sm for making alya think that he was willing to spend his future with her.

but who knows, maybe he really is🧐