ten

-past events-

"Anytime now, he's gonna say it's love. You never called it what it was."

Alya looked at herself in the mirror, checking every inch of her face.

Did she look old enough?

Timothee's old friends from high school were coming over, and she didn't want to ruin anything for him. Especially how those friends of his thought of him.

Alya was younger than Timothee, and some people would always say Alya looked like a 16 year old next to Timothee.

Which was a bit of an exaggeration, since Timothee also looked young. Just in case any of his friends thought that, she tried making herself look more mature.

With a deep sigh, Alya picked up her red lipstick and carefully went over her lips with it.

She was never a big fan of red lipstick, but it's just for one night.

Pursing her lips together, she fixed her hair and came out of the bathroom.

"There almost here Al!" Timothee called out from the other room.

Alya fidgeted with her hands while walking over to the living room.

She sucks at meeting new people.

Suddenly, the door bell rang and Alya swiftly sat down on the couch.

As Timothee went up to open the door, sure enough, there were his friends.

Honestly, Alya would love to have a small high school reunion, but she only had 3 friends at max. People found her weird, which caused her to avoid interactions with others.

As she heard all sorts of greetings, Timothee walked into the living room with a couple of people, which made Alya sit up and go up to them.

"Hi! I'm Alya, it's so lovely to meet you all."

Every one of them shook her hands, and they began to chat.

-

Sitting at the dinning table, Alya felt out of place.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, but Alya barely uttered a word throughout the whole dinner.

Timothee didn't even care to notice, nor even try to include her into the conversations.

But he seemed happy. Alya loved that.

With laughter filling the room, Alya put her hand over Timothee's, connecting them.

In less than a second, Timothee quickly removed his hand away from hers, and patted Alya's hand while moving it over.

Ouch.

Alya just stared at her hand with a look of hurt and confusion written all over her face.

-