fourteen

-past events-

"and there we are again when nobody had to know. you kept me like a secret, but i kept you like an oath."

alya bit her lip while looking down at her phone.

she had texted timothee, and was waiting for his response for the past 20 minutes.

earlier, news articles were spreading around the internet about alya and timothee's rumored relationship.

they were seen at Central Park together, hand in hand, and fans were going crazy.

alya knew how much timothee wanted to keep everything low-key, so not hearing from him made her nervous.

she had this gut feeling that he was mad at her.

but then again, she didn't get why he wanted to keep their relationship a secret so badly.

why was he so embarrassed of her?

their love was different, and not in a way that alya was starting to like.

love isn't supposed to be exhausting. she shouldn't have to be stressed out about everything. from what she's always heard about love growing up, it's supposed to be natural and free. she was stuck between how she wanted it to be and what it really is.

whenever timothee apologized for keeping everything a secret, she ate everything that he would say up. alya's heart was too precious and large to not do so. she didn't want to give up on somebody that she cared for.

after minutes of waiting and waiting, alya finally got a notification from timothee.

looking down at her phone, she read, "things like these articles are just gonna continue to fuck up our relationship. it's supposed to be low-key."

alya licked her lips, and decided to press on the call button.

moments after hearing the ringing, she heard timothee's voice on the other side of the line.

"what's up, al?"

alya swallowed before speaking up. "hey, are you busy right now? i wanted to talk to you more about the articles."

it was silent for a bit until timothee said, "uh, not right now. but listen, alya, just forget about the articles. the more attention we give it, the more suspicion there's gonna be."

"that's the thing, though. why are you always so needy to hide our relationship away from everyone? i get that you're not ready, and i respect that, but i just want to know what the problem is."

timothee sighed. "look, i don't want to start anything right now, alright? we can talk about this another time. i don't know how many times i have to repeat this to you, but keeping us a secret is what's best for us."

alya rolled her eyes. he means it's what's best for him.

"okay, whatever. you're right i guess."

"im sorry, al. really. i love you."

"i love you too."

and with that, timothee hung up.

alya threw her head back in frustration.

why is it that he kept her like a secret while she kept him like an oath?

men are so confusing.

AUTHOR SPEAKING!

lol update. thank you guys sm for 13k reads. I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH. MWAHHHHHHHH 🫶🫶🫶🫶