Chapter 5: My fault

Okay, hey, so, I'm back. Sorry it took so long to update this story. I've been busy, and I had writers block. But, all that aside, I'm back, with an update. Thank you for your patience, and, enjoy! The art doesn't belong to me.

-Bakugo's POV-

I set down the last of the boxes in the dorm. I'd finally moved in to the dorm. I didn't necessarily like the idea of living with these extras, but it's not like I had much of a choice. The teachers said it was a safety precaution, and the old hag couldn't wait to get rid of me. 

I'd moved everything all by myself, it's not like I needed help. Nor did I need those extras asking questions. After all, I was the one that was supposed to ask questions. Actually, in retrospect, maybe it would've been a good idea to let them help. Well, no time to look back on it now.

I turned to close the door, when I saw Shitty Hair standing in the door way. I almost jumped when I saw him. Keyword being 'almost'. He'd startled me, but he didn't have to know that. 'Geez Katsuki, you're a hero, you shouldn't get startled so easily' I thought. I turned my attention back to the red-head standing in front of me. "What is it?" I asked him.

"Hey Bakubro, I came by to see how you were settling into the dorm." Hm, that wasn't the first time. "Im settling in fine, just finished moving everything." I told him. "Oh, well I can help you unpack." He offered. Normally, I would've refused immediately and shut the door in his face. But, I needed information, so I had no choice. "Sure, why not."

He looked shocked, he didn't expect me to allow him to help. But his face softened, and his mouth perked up into a smile, pointed teeth and all. "Alrighty then, just tell me where to start." He said.

We started with the clothes. We folded some to put in the drawers. I was folding one of my t-shirts, and he was folding some pants, when I remembered why I'd let him help. Last time I tried to ask questions, I was denied answers. But now, we're talking about Shitty Hair. He'd been one of the people I trusted most before I got kidnapped, and I hoped I could still trust him.

"So, what happened while I was gone?" I asked. It was better not to show my true intentions yet. "Oh...well, you know, the usual." 'No, I really don't know' I thought as I finished putting away the pile of folded clothes that had grown in front of me. "After the training camp, we returned home. The press kept asking questions, spreading information, some of it was false, they really wouldn't get off our backs about your kidnapping.", He finished explaining as he also put the clothes away.That much I could tell, the media was pretty brutal for the first week I was with the league. From what I heard, the media wouldn't stop asking questions. Of course, I only heard the TV in the living room from my room. 

We moved on to putting away my personal things."Oh, looks like the heroes had their hands full. How'd they handle it?" I glanced at him with my eyebrow raised. "Oh, well, Aizawa did a press conference, but overall, we tried to avoid the media. We just didn't pay attention. Where does this go?" "Oh, put it on the desk." Well, that was interesting. Sadly, it didn't give me the information I needed. "Wait, exactly what has the media been saying?" I asked as I set down my alarm clock on the nightstand.

"Well, they've been questioning Aizawa, the rest of the teachers, and really U.A as a whole. They're questioning the credibility and safety of the school. Afterall, a student was kidnapped by villains on a school field trip. Where do the books go?" That was understandable. Really, it was my own fault for not being better, but I can see how it would look to the outside world. "Oh, just give them all to me, and I will figure it out later." I answered him. "Okay then. But yeah, it hasn't necessarily been the easiest time. But, hey, at least you're back."

'Yeah...at least'. I thought. The heroes, my teachers, my...friends, all of them had dealt with so much while I was gone. All, because...of me. Because I had gotten myself kidnapped. Because I had been too weak, to defend myself. Is that why everyone stared at me?

"Hey, dude, you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, Im fine. Hey, um, I'm sorry about all of that. Thank you for telling me." It felt weird to apologize. It didnt feel wrong, actually it felt right, everything that had happened, was my fault, because I failed to escape. I guess, I just wasn't used to it. "Hey, its okay. Don't mention  it. It's just good to have you back." He said, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

We finished up unpacking. I didn't ask another question. I needed time, to process everything. "Alright, well, I'll see you later Bakubro." "Yeah, bye." I said, closing the door. I plopped back down on the bed. Everything, all of this attention from the media, had been my fault. All of it. Saying "Sorry" to one person wasn't going to fix everything.

I wasn't just talking about the media anymore...was I? No, I was talking about everything I'd done, all my life. I was talking about, everything that happened, forcing Todoroki to use his power when he clearly hadn't wanted to, pushing away my friends, and of course, everything I'd done to Deku.

I needed to make make up for all of it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, so sorry for the long chapter, I just felt like I needed to get out an update.Sorry for taking so long. Well, I hope you enjoyed. Feel free to vote and follow if you did. And, please comment with any criticism. Thank you, have a good one!