♡ chapter 2 ♡

After everything that happened in the past few days he just wanted to forget. He wanted to go back to how it used to be. He wanted to start over again.

"Sang-woo.. I can't see you as a cold-blooded killer who doesn't care about anyone because, I know that's not you." Gi-hun paused for a second to move his gaze to Sang-woo who had a confused but cool expression drawn on his face. "I still see you as Cho Sang-woo, pride of Ssangmun-dong! My best friend!" He smiled softly as he spoke.

"I hope you can say the same about me. When you call me Hyung, do you mean it?" Gi-hun asked him, his smiled still not leaving his lips. The younger looked thoughtfully to the ground. He already knew what his answer was going to be but he couldn't bring himself to speak. He was still processing what he had just been told.

Gi-hun doesn't see me as a monster? All these people died because of me and he is still able to call me his best friend? Geez, I'll never understand this man.. and why I envy him so much.

Sang-woo carefully put his hand up to his chest. Suddenly he felt all warm inside and nothing hurt anymore. For only a second he completely forgot everything. All the stress and pain he had been carrying throughout this entire time, was gone. There was only that one person and this feeling inside of him of which he couldn't get enough from.

Gi-hun questionably furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of Sang-woo being all mesmerized. It somehow comforted him to see his best friend in such a peaceful state and he surely did hope that his little speech was the cause of all that.

"I do, hyung. I do mean it." The younger blurted out. The corners of his mouth wrinkled into something that could be considered a smile which could only lead to the other smiling aswell. "Thanks for telling me that Sang-woo." He said, happier than ever. Once again it went silent between the two men. Gi-hun slightly opened his mouth while wanting to say something but he figured it'd be better to do so later since it could possibly ruin their little moment. Instead he just kept on cleaning his wounds.

-- time skip --

"Here put these on." Sang-woo said handing him a pile of clothes. "Thank you." The older beamed receiving a nod in response. He then walked to the bathroom to get changed. Gi-hun giggled softly when he put on the clothes. They smelled like Sang-woo which made him feel safe. It reminded him of the time back then when he used to stay at Sang-woo's house a lot.

After he was finished changing he walked back to the bedroom. Sang-woo reddened at the sight of Gi-hun in his clothes as he too was reminded of the sleepovers back then. "I've already made the couch and the bed ready. You can sleep on the bed if that's what you prefer." The younger declared staring blankly at him. "Um well I don't mind sleeping on either of those, really." Gi-hun chuckled lightly and looked at Sang-woo.

Not receiving an answer from the younger, he eventually decided to take the couch since it was Sang-woo's apartment and he needed a rest more than him anyways.

"Are you sure?" He demanded and sat down next to Gi-hun on the couch. "Yep." The older grinned while giving his friend a thumbs up. Sang-woo simply nodded and looked down. For some reason he was stuck there. He couldn't or rather didn't want to go. "Is everything alright? It seems like you have something on your mind." Gi-hun questioned while rubbing his back comfortingly.

"N-no I'm fine." He uttered uneasily as he stood up and walked to the door. "Good night, hyung." Sang-woo said giving the other a last glance before exiting the room and turning off the lights.

----------------------------------------------
Happy new year! <3