♡ Chapter 4 ♡

Gi-hun sighed when he laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling thoughtfully. What he had just read bothered him more than he would have liked to admit.

He's never considered the possibility of Sang-woo having a crush or being in a relationship as he was quite certain that the younger wasn't into that type of stuff.

Gi-hun shook his head in frustration. He was aware that it wasn't in Sang-woo's need to tell him but it still hurt knowing the other couldn't trust him with it.

The middle-aged man groaned a bit, burying his face in a pillow. Why was he even so mad about this? Why did he care so much? Without even realising it, he began sobbing while slowly drifting off to sleep.

-- time skip --

"What's on your mind, hyung?" Sang-woo asked right before taking a sip of his coffee and flipping another page of his book, not once leaving it with his gaze.

The sudden question startled Gi-hun. He didn't wish to lie to Sang-woo, he did it way too often when talking about his thoughts and feelings. The younger could probably tell whether he was speaking the truth or not, but he couldn't just let him know that he looked through his stuff, found a stupid little piece of paper and made a fuss about it even though it was none of his business.

"Lots of things." He then replied after long consideration, too afraid to say anything else.

The younger placed the book on the table and sat a little closer. "What's the matter?" Sang-woo asked calmly with much comfort in his deep voice.
That only worried Gi-hun even more - why was he suddenly so consoling?

"I-I.." The older could barely get any word out of his mouth as he felt very tense. "I don't want to talk about it." He eventually exclaimed in a single breath. Sang-woo noticed that the other wasn't feeling quite comfortable with the whole situation and nodded simply, ending the conversation, leaning back into his chair.

After they were finished with breakfast, Sang-woo suggested they go for a walk to clear their heads. Actually, he would have preferred to talk about what they should do now, but he knew that Gi-hun wasn't in the right frame of mind for that.

While they were walking, they had a little chat, not really intimitate, just usual small talk you would have with your coworkers. The conversation that they were having made the older instantly loosen up.

"I've been wondering.. well..you know.. we weren't in touch for years and uh you never actually told me what your relationship status is.. not that it's important I just thought as your best friend I.." Gi-hun swore he could've punched himself in the face after asking the question that's been on his mind ever since he read that letter. He thought it would come off casual, but it seemed more like he was trying to ask Sang-woo out.

"I don't have a partner." Gi-hun was surprised by the calm reaction, the younger didn't even bother to look at him while responding. He felt relieved finally having an answer to that horrible question, but he still didn't know who that letter was for, there had to be someone Sang-woo fancied, even if not his partner, there still was someone.

"Do you?" Gi-hun glanced at the younger, not really expecting him to care asking. "Ah, after my divorce, I've figured love just isn't for me." He chuckled, earning a nod in response as they continued chatting about anything else.

-- time skip --

"So, what are your plans on living with the tiny bit of money we got while hiding me from the police?" Sang-woo asked, leaning on the kitchen counter. The older was sitting down on one of the chairs at the table. He had no idea what he should say, so he stayed quiet until the other would eventually speak up.

Sang-woo only sighed and sat down next to Gi-hun. "Don't you find it kinda embarrassing? That whole speech of us having an unproblematic, new life, but not coming up with any idea of how we're gonna make that happen?"

The older looked down at his hands. "Well I'm sorry Sang-woo, the only thing I could think about at the end of the last game, was you." He uttered, putting his gaze back onto the younger.

"You had enough time thinking about it after the game." He grumbled loudly, getting closer to Gi-hun, staring directly into his eyes. The other backed off a bit as he felt very intimidated by his friend's movement.

"But I guess the only thing you worried about was if I am seeing someone or not huh?" Gi-hun reddened in shame and embarrassment, holding back tears, avoiding any possible eye contact with the other.

"Sang-woo.. why are you being like this?" He faltered, making the younger sigh out loud once again.

"I'm sorry, Gi-hun, but I think you are well aware that we can't keep on ignoring our problems any longer."

--------------------------------------------------
This was sm fun to write!!
Hopefully you had just as much fun reading <3