♡ Chapter 5 ♡

"I'm sorry, Gi-hun, but I think you are well aware that we can't keep on ignoring our problems any longer."

Sang-woo's words clang out loudly through Gi-hun's head. The middle-aged man gave it a bit of thought and ended his consideration with a slight chuckle. "You're right, we can't." He uttered sadly. The younger watched him stand up from the chair and walk over to the kitchen counter, leaning on it so that their positions from the beginning of this conversation were switched.

"What about we move to another city, change our names perhaps, and start a new life?" Gi-hun suggested, putting a finger on his lips.

"How romantic. And how on earth are we gonna do that?" Sang-woo scoffed as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. The other scratched the back of his head stressfully. "Mmh, by any chance, do you know somebody who could get us a fake ID card and such?" Gi-hun asked, earning an irritated expression from his friend.

"You know, maybe I should just go to jail." Sang-woo said annoyed, palming his face. The older frowned, closing his eyes in hope of coming up with a better plan.

After a long while of tensed silence between the two men, Sang-woo couldn't help but sigh for the third time now. "Well then, I suppose that's the only thing we can do." He said, making his way up to Gi-hun, also leaning against the kitchen counter next to him. "But you have to keep in mind that it's not safe, so we better be careful." The younger added distinctly, looking deeply into Gi-hun's pitch black eyes.

The older only nodded and thus the both men searched for a way to get a fake ID online. Of course they weren't immediately successful, but after some Sang-woo eventually managed to make a deal with someone online. Gi-hun was both, impressed and concerned by how well his longtime friend knew how to navigate with those type of websites, but since it helped them quite a lot in their situation he didn't question it any further.

Though Sang-woo had made sure that they weren't being fooled, he was fairly sceptical due to the trade taking place in such a public area like the subway. Gi-hun on the other hand, seemed pretty relaxed which was either because he strongly believed in the younger's abilities of buying illegal stuff online or he was generally gullible, or maybe even both, probably both.

"Ahh, why is this taking so long?" Gi-hun whined loudly, slightly leaning against the other. Silently they watched the trains and people pass by them while sitting on one of the few benches there. Sang-woo kept checking the time, slowly but surely he started to get impatient too as there still wasn't any sign of the seller.

He could feel something heavy land on his shoulder. Directing his eyes to it, he soon realised that it was Gi-hun who seemed to have fallen asleep. Sang-woo was just about to poke him when he got caught up on how pretty his childhood friend looked like when he was sleeping. A few strains of hair fell into his facs as muffling noises escaped the older man's mouth.

Something as simple as this was already enough to make Sang-woo's heart skip a beat. He didn't want to admit it but it was obvious all the feelings he had for Gi-hun, that he managed so well to suppress ever since he's first gotten them, were all coming back to him now.

The younger groaned frustratedly, tugging his own hair. "Get a grip.." He told himself under his breath.

Meanwhile a good looking man in a grey suit and black leather shoes sat down next to them. It only took Sang-woo two glimpses to recognise that damn devilish grin.

"Cho Sang-woo, isn't it?" The stranger asked frisky, opening his briefcase. The other ignored him as he was sure where this was going, but to his surprise the salesman took out two white rectangle shaped cards instead of the common blue and red, square shaped ones.

"Why the face? Isn't this what you ordered?" Taking a closer look at it, Sang-woo realised that what the business man was holding were two fake IDs, the once they bought online. "I know I'm quite late. My apologies."