Episode 2 - Hell

Alicia's POV-

Everyone, the winners, is sitting in the main room. Everyone is catching their breath, absorbing everything. The entire room is so silent. I am sitting next to '067'. I looked at the ceiling the entire time. The screams, blood, gunshots. I am still processing everything. I have never seen these many deaths at once.

Suddenly a yellow light flashes above us and the alarm buzzes. The door opens and red hooded staff people enter the room. Everyone stands up. The staff members stand at the same position as before the Red Light Green Light game. The square starts speaking, "You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations. I will announce the results of the first game."

Our gaze turns to the screen above. The digits on the screen go from 456 to 201. "Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated and 201 players completed the first game." I hear gasps around me. I still keep my blank expression.

"Mister, please!" A feminine voice calls out. Everyone looks at her. She pushes her way to the front, then she starts rubbing her palms together. "Listen, I'm so sorry. I swear I'll make sure I pay my debts. I'll pay it all." she cries, dropping to her knees. "Please, sir. I have a baby. I haven't named my baby yet. Please, sir, let me leave." I looked at her, sympathy written all over my face.

"Sir, I'm so sorry. Please spare my life. I beg you. I'll find a way to pay all my debts." Another woman pleads, falling to her knees.

"Please let me go home." Everyone starts pleading, dropping to their knees. Crying, begging them.

"There seems to be a misunderstanding. We are not collecting your debts. Let me remind you, we are not giving you a chance." the square dude, says in one go.

"A chance? We play some kids games. And you shoot us. You want me to choose that?" A man protests.

"We may be in debt, sir. But that doesn't mean that you are going to kill us." Another man cries desperately. "This is just a game." The square dude says.

"Killing everyone was a game to you, huh?" A man yells. "they were eliminated for breaking the rules. If you follow the rules, you can leave this place safely."

"Just keep your money, I don't care! Just let us go home." Another man protested. "Let us leave. Let us go." everyone yells.

"Consent form, Clause 1; a player is not allowed to stop playing."

"You think you'll get away with this, huh?! The police will come. They will barge in any minute now and find us since we are missing!" "And I bet they tracked our phones as well." I nod at their statement. It could be true. "He's right!" A different man yells. Everyone in the front starts protesting.

The Square staff pulled a gun out, lifted it towards the ceiling, and pulled the trigger. Everyone follows on to the floor, covering their heads with fear. I cover my ears with my hands. My breath is shaky. The other guards aimed their guns at the crowd. Square retracts his gun.

"Consent form, Clause 2; a player who refuses to play will be eliminated."

"Consent form, Clause 3; games may be terminated if the majority agrees." I watch as Sang-woo takes a few steps towards the guards. "Is that correct?" Everyone looked with hope in their eyes. "You are correct."

Sang-woo looked around the room. "Then, let us take a vote. If the majority wishes to leave this place, then you must let us go," he announces. There was silence for a moment. "As you wish. We will take a vote to decide on the termination of the game." I let out a deep sigh. I observe everyone in the room. Most of them have relieved expressions.