Episode 5- A Fair World

Alicia POV-

"On the count of three!" Sang-woo announced, all of them yelling.

"One!"

"Two!" Everyone braced themselves.

"Three!" We all stumble forward.

I think it seemed to work because the other team fell over. Along with that Gi-hun ended up slipping. But he manages on one leg. "PULL NOW!!"

We all pulled back quickly; the opposite team was trying hard to pull the rope to their side. We pulled and pulled in rhythm. And, eventually, they fell.

As they fell, we were also being pulled due to the heaviness. Finally, the blade chopped the rope leading us to fall back.

I was on the verge of passing out. I can feel my hands burning. I feel so guilty. I killed those 10 people.

I leaned against the wall of the elevator and sat on the floor. My legs gave up. I looked at the blisters that had formed on my hands. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the wall. My hair stuck to my neck due to the sweat. Almost my entire clothes are wet due to the sweat.

One man kneeled on the ground while mumbling prayers with his hands together. "Hey, dude, Who are you praying to?" 240 calls. The man ignores her and continues his prayers.

"Ah...To God? Do you think you made it because of God?" she sighs and bends closer to the man. "The reason you are still breathing and praying of yours is thanks to that old man there. And that guy over there who pulled that awesome trick last-minute. If you want to thank anyone, it's them, not god."

The man lifted his head, glaring at her. "You sad lost soul. What would you say about who was nailed to the cross for us today? They sacrificed themselves for us. Thanks to their blood." he looks around the team. "then you should have been on their team. And sacrificed your blood for us." I say. He glares at me and continues.

"I pray to the Lord on behalf of all us sinners. I gave thanks for their sacrifice, god helped our team to win." I just smirk, leaning my head back.

"Bullshit, but you killed them yourself." 240 says. He lowers his head and continues with his prayer. "Oh! So if we pray we will go to heaven?" she clasped her hands. "Then even I have to pray, it is really easy. God, we worked as a team today to send people to your side. We sent a bunch of them today. Please help us with a whole lot more to be with you. And I hope--"

"Be quiet!" Sae-byeok snaps. The woman drops her hands and gives Sae-byeok a blank stare. "Me? Or that guy?" "Both."

The elevator came to a stop. The doors slid open and Sang-woo was the first to exit. I exit after 212.

We enter the main room, we all start at the '101' gang before walking away. I could feel their glares. I sit down and release a deep sigh. I stretch my body. I still keep my eyes closed.

"you know what? I thought we were going to die there," '212' narrates her so-called story. "And then, as soon as we're all leaning back, I felt so powerful. Like, 'whoa! It works!' Hey old man, how do you know that?"

'001' chuckles before replying. "As a kid, I always--" '212' interrupts him. "You copied that one thing. From that movie. What's it called? The guys who dodge bullets like this." she begins moving her hand in a circular motion.

"The Matrix!" Ali answered, earning a stare from '212'. She placed her hands on her hips and leaned forward. "So, when you came to Korea, you just watched movies?" Ali frowns. Then she turns her attention to Sang-woo.