Episode 9- One lucky day

Alicia's POV-

"Player 456, player 315 and player 218, welcome to the final game. Before we begin, we'll flip a coin to decide who plays offence or defence. Please choose a shape. Triangle or square. And the winner will choose whether Player 315 will be there in their team." The square places his fist in front of us. "what will happen if no one chooses me?" I ask the staff. "If no one wants you to be in there you will be eliminated." I look at Gi-hun with hope.  "Triangle," Gi-hun replies while looking at Sang-woo. 

Then he flips the coin. "It's a triangle. Please choose either offence or defence. And please state if you want player 315 in your team." before Gi-hun decides, he looks at me. "I choose defence and she will be in our team." I hear Sang-woo sigh deeply. 

Then they led us to the same ground where we played Red Light and Greenlight.

"for the final game, you'll be playing Squid Game. Let me explain the rules of the Squid Game. One, the attacker must enter the squid shape court, run past the defence, and then tap the area inside the squid's head with his foot to secure the win. Two, the defender must block the attacker's advance and force them outside of the court's bounds in order to win. Three, if a situation arises, in which either player is unable to continue playing the game, the last one standing will be the winner."

By the time he finishes, we are standing in the centre, Gi-hun and I are facing Sang-woo. "A player's unable to continue. Explain that again." "that would be referring to the player's death. And now, with that, let the game begin."

I follow Gi-hun to the circle in the front. I see Gi-hun tying his laces. Then gets up. I follow Gi-hun to the side by hopping on one foot. "We used to play as kids," Gi-hun states. "When we cross it, do you remember what we used to call it?" Sang-woo attacks us with the knife. "Shut up! Who cares!?" Gi-hun throws sand on his face. Sang-woo stumbles back and screams.

Gi-hun and I go to the other side of the Squid. "Inspector Royal," I replied. Gi-hun smiles at me. Then it starts to rain.

Now we are facing Sang-woo. "I put an end to her suffering. You know she would have died anyway." Sang-woo says. "No, I treated her! She could've survived. You killed her." I say while my grip on my knife gets tighter.

"You know what, you're the reason I had to kill her. I thought of killing her as well, but unfortunately, she survived. I knew you three would stop all this, so she didn't die in there."

"You killed someone because this might end?" Gi-hun asks back. "Yes! You, you and that girl would have been the majority you need to get out! Going home without a single penny. I couldn't do that!" Sang-woo yells.

"They both are the ones who stopped me. 'Cause I was gonna kill you with this. It is over. I won't let you leave with that money." Gi-hun takes out his knife and attacks him.

But Sang-woo dodges over, then attacks me. I duck down. I was about to attack me from behind but I slipped due to the rain and fall. I see Sang-woo coming forward, I roll to the side and I push him with my legs. He falls and loses his knife. Then he stands up and punches me on my face and stabs me on my back. I yell in pain.

Then Gi-hun held his neck using his arms from behind. But my vision gets blurry. And I faint. "Alicia!! Alicia Wake up!!" That's the last thing I heard.

After what seems like ages, I wake to see Sang-woo hovering over Gi-hun and saying something. Gi-hun holds his hand to prevent him from being stabbed.