4

➪ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ's ᴠᴏᴄᴀʙᴜʟᴀʀʏ 
잠꾸러기: "Jamkkureogi" (Sleepyhead, Informal)
예뻐다: "Yeppo-da" (Pretty, Calling something/someone pretty)

☃︎ 22 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠

❄︎❄︎❄︎

My alarm comes early this morning.
I decided I should hit the gym because I was so inactive yesterday, plus, I saw it when I was at Hybe yesterday and Namjoon was bragging about how great it was. I must admit, it looked pretty high quality. Namjoon lent me his spare key so I won't have to pay or anything to get in.
I grab my water bottle and phone, heading for the door after putting on some workout clothes.

After I get out the Uber that brought me here, I make my way to the second floor, the floor I recall seeing the gym on.
It's currently 5:02 am and somehow there's more people in the here than I thought there would be.
I was hoping for it to be somewhat empty, as I didn't want to work out with other people.
I sigh as I open the transparent doors.
Namjoon was right, it is really nice here!
Everything is glass-- the windows, doors, walls. There is a huge, long window that overlooks the city on the main wall you see when you first walk in. There are treadmills and ellipticals along it.
Scattered about are other machines, like weights, and a bench press.
To the left there is a water fountain and a water bottle fill up station which seems very convenient.
I notice a door that leads outside to a terrace/patio looking space and see people out there doing yoga.
Most people here have headphones in and are concentrated, so I don't think anyone noticed me come in.
I walk over to one of the ellipticals and nearly stumble over and fall when I spot a very familiar looking figure by the punching bags.
It's Taehyun from TXT.
I completely forgot about how he loves to work out these days!
There's now way I can let him see me, that would be embarrassing.
He's ready breaking a sweat so I assume he's been here for some time.
How early does he wake up? It's just now 5:10 am I wonder as I check the time.
I turn on some music and begin running on the elliptical.

After running two miles I hop off, out of breath.
I drink some water and check the time.
5:31 am.
I decide to get some fresh air and walk out on the patio that overlooks the city.
It's so pretty and quiet out here.
I glance inside and see Taehyun has moved to the bench press.
Not wanting to be weird I quickly turn my head before he notices me come back in.
Just before I do, I notice a group of other people walk in.
To my surprise, it's Beomgyu, Kaya, Heeseung, and Sunghoon.
My heart stops when somehow Sunghoon makes eye contact with me through the door and his eyes widen, going to a look of confusion to annoyance.
This is so embarrassing!
Taehyun stops what he's doing and smiles at the group.
It seems they have a routine, as Beomgyu immediately begins to lift weights and Heeseung begins to box where Taehyun was before.
Sunghoon goes to fill up his water bottle as Kaya makes her way out to where I am, on the patio.
I turn around so fast I get a little dizzy.
"Y/n?" She says, surprised when she sees me.
I clear my throat and turn to face her, pretending to be surprised to see her there as well. "Kaya?!"
"What are you doing here?" She asks me smiling while walking closer.
"Uhm, well, nothing right now really. I came to work out-- I just finished running." I say, nodding my head in the direction of the elliptical.
"Oh~" She says while going to grab a rolled up yoga mat from a basket.
"Do you do yoga?" I ask her, attempting conversation.
"Yeah! I've done it for three years now..." She responds, counting on her fingers.
"That's cool." I say.
"Mhm. It's really relaxing, and it gets you in shape." She says while rolling it out, facing the city.
"Want to join me?" She asks, looking over at me.
"Oh, uh, I don't really know how to do yoga." I say.
"It's fine." She waves her hand. "You can follow after me if you want!"
"Okay." I say and grab a mat from the basket.
"So, do you come here often?" I ask after setting up my mat beside hers.
"Mhm." She nods her head. "Beomgyu and I began coming here earlier this year. Before they moved to Hybe, we went to the gym at the Dorms, but this one here is nicer." She explains.
"Personally, I don't mind either, but he insists on coming to this one instead because he thinks it's better." She laughs.
"Oh, yeah. Namjoon told me about how much better this one is." I reply.
I follow along with the moves she's doing.
"This is more intense than I thought!" I say, short of breath.
"People underestimate the power of yoga. It's more than you'd think." She smiles at me.
"This is Warrior II Pose by the way." She says as we transition into another move.
"And now, Savasana." She says and swiftly moves into a deeper stretch.
It's silent as we continue to stretch.
"Beomgyu should be coming out here soon." Kaya tells me.
"Okay." I say.
"Just so you know. You keep glancing in there, so I assume you're a MOA. Don't worry, I won't tell him. I'll just say you're a friend." She says and winks at me.
My cheeks turn red and I try to explain.
"I-I wasn't looking at Beomgyu! I didn't even realize I kept looking in there. I'm sorry. I promise I wasn't looking at him."
She just laughs.
"It's okay! I'm used to tons of girls liking my boyfriend. If you weren't looking at him, who were you watching? Taehyun...?" She asks slyly.
"No!" I quickly say.
"Okay, haha!" She laughs again.
"I was looking at Sunghoon." I say.
"Ah~" Kaya says and a small smile forms on her face.
"Not like that." I correct myself.
"Oh. What did he do?" She asks.
"He's just been kinda, I don't know, rude to me? Ever since I met him, he's just been shady and acts like we have beef or something. And I didn't even do anything to him!" I say.
"Mhm. That odd. He's usually timid, especially to people he just met. I'm not really sure why he's acting like that." She says, tilting her head out of curiosity.
Just then, Beomgyu comes outside.
He stops walking and places his chin on his hand, admiring Kaya.
"Ah, 예뻐다!" He exclaims.
Kaya blushes and rolls her eyes. "Stop playing around and hurry up! I wanted to catch the sunrise."
Beomgyu laughs and ruffles her hair, whispering to himself, "You're so cute, you know?" And he sighs, flopping onto a mat.
Kaya doesn't hear and continues doing yoga.
I suddenly feel awkward and like I'm third wheeling, so I begin to roll my mat back up.
"Where are you going?" Kaya notices me.
Beomgyu seems to just notice me too, because he swivels his head around to see who she was talking to.
"Oh, I was just gonna head inside now." I say.
"You should watch the sunrise with us!" She says, walking over to the balcony.
"Who is she and when did she get here?" Beomgyu asks her.
"A friend of mine. And she's been here the whole time, you just didn't notice her." Kaya responds.
"Ah~ I'm just tired." He pouts and lays his head on her shoulder.
"Then wake up, 잠꾸러기." She lightly laughs and pats his head.
"You staying?" She asks me.
I hesitate. "Sure."
"Yay! It's about to rise anyway. What time is it?" She asks Beomgyu.
He checks his watch. "5:53!"
"Right on time."
I walk over to where they are and watch as the sky transitions from dark to light, a pinkish color arising in the sky.
"It's so beautiful." I say quietly to myself.
"Not as beautiful as you."
I turn around to see who's voice it was and see someone tall standing behind me.
It's Heeseung.
When did he even get out here?
When I tell you my heart stops, I mean it.
He's looking me right in the eyes, a smile on his face with his head slightly tilted.

A/n: Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you all had a blessed and fun day today :) What did you get?
Don't forget to comment and vote if you want~
What did you think of this chapter?

<3

- viridity