5

a continuation...

➪ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ's ᴠᴏᴄᴀʙᴜʟᴀʀʏ
잠꾸러기: "Jamkkureogi" (Sleepyhead, Informal)
예뻐다: "Yeppo-da" (Pretty, Calling something/someone pretty)
선배님:
"Sun-bae-nim" (What you call someone you respect/look up to)

☃︎ 22-21 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠

❄︎❄︎❄︎ 

I stare at Heeseung in confusion.
We just met, what is he talking about?
"Uh, what?" I stammer.
He just looks at me and laughs.
"Calm down, Y/n, I was only messing around!" He playfully hits my shoulder.
"You're not funny." I say embarrassed and turn back to the sunrise.
"I'm going to go now, thank you for letting me do yoga with you, Kaya." I say to her and wave goodbye.
"I'll walk you down!"
"Okay!" I smile at her.

Once we get out of the gym, leaving the guys behind, I am relieved.
"What was that back there?" She asks nudging my side.
I chuckle. "I actually have no idea... We only just met. What makes him think he can just say stuff like that?"
She shrugs as we get into the elevator. "Heeseung can be very straightforward sometimes."
"Oh. I thought he would be quiet." I reply.
The elevator dings and we step out.
"Thanks again." I tell her and she waved it off.
"I didn't do anything."
I laugh and reassure her that I liked the yoga.
"You should hurry before the sun comes up any more, that's when things get busy! Stay safe."

Back at home, I decide to take a quick shower and text Namjoon.

[Message]
y/n 😈
hey, you're free today, right? 

joonie 😔✌️
my favorite cousin! yes, I am. why?

y/n 😈
i was just thinking that we could make gingerbread houses today.

joonie 😔✌️
okay. what time?

y/n 😈
uhmm, is 9 okay w you?

joonie 😔✌️
yes 👍

I sigh and shut off my phone. Finally, for once, he's not too busy!
I lounge around until it's almost time.
At 9, Namjoon knocks on the door.
"Yay!" I say once I see him there, holding two cups of hot chocolate. "Thank you!"
"You're welcome. Where are we going to make them?" He asks, handing me a cup.
"I looked it up and there's a cafe near here that's giving lessons. It's about a 10 minute walk away." I answer him as I shut the door behind me.
"Ooo~ okay. So we're leaving the building? I thought you had bought stuff." He says and takes a sip.
"No. Oh, wait. I forgot that you're like, famous. Should we just stay here and make them?" I ask.
"Well, no, it should be fine. I'll just wear a mask and hat." He says.
"Okay. Sorry!"

We arrive at the cafe, and thankfully it's not too crowded.
We ask about the lessons and they lead us to the kitchen.
"This shouldn't be this difficult." Namjoon says as we are guided through the instructions but he can't seem to follow along.
"You keep putting too much icing on it!" I laugh as the peppermints won't stick because of the excess icing.
"No I don't! The icing is like glue, there's supposed to be a lot!" He argues, even though he already had less than half the amount of icing left.
The instructor agrees with me and he says, "She's right. You can't put too much, or else it will be too heavy. Only put a thin layer, and spread it widely."
I chuckles Namjoon turns red and gives me a side eye.
"Told you." I say and plop a gummy into my mouth.

"Ta-da!" I announce as I put the finishing touch onto my house.
"Look here, this is the key point." I say and point out the small star that I put on top of the house.
"Oh, it's cute!" Namjoon laughs.
"Look at mine," He says and showcases his whole house, circling it around. "The key point is the looped icing on the roof." He marvels at his house.
The chef praises both of our houses and takes a photo of us posing with them to hang up on the wall beside the other customer's photos.
"Oh no—!" He says as he puts the camera down, looking wide eyed at Namjoon's house.
Lo and behold, it is slowly caving in.
"Oh no!" Namjoon panics and puts his hands on his head. "I can't watch..."
I try to hold back my laugh and act concerned. "Ah! Here, let me fix it..."
I try to lift up the roof but it only makes it worse.
"I'm sorry..." I say as Namjoon peers out from behind his hands.

We walk home with our houses in a box.
"I really think that the gingerbread was expired. There's no way it's supposed to be that hard..." Namjoon says, trying to come up with an excuse as to why his house caved.
"I don't think it was expired...." I say and it's quiet.
"It was." Namjoon finally says after thinking about it.
We come back to the Dorms and go our separate ways.
"Oh, Y/n!" Namjoon calls out to me before I open my door.
"Yeah?" I yell back to him from across the hall.
"I invited some people over!" He says quickly and laughs.
"Huh? Over to where?" I ask confused.
He just runs around the corner, with his long tailcoat following behind him.
"What was he—?" I ask myself but stop.
There's noise coming from inside my dorm...
It sounds like arguing and I try to peer through the peephole.
I see a nose that's rounded because of the the curve of the hole.
Who is in my dorm?!
I quickly fling open the door and bump into Jungwon who was staring at me through the peephole.
"What are you—?!" I start but he quickly interrupts me.
"Namjoon 선배님 told us to come!" Jungwon says.
"He what?!" I say, getting annoyed.
"He said that you guys were having a Christmas party and told us to come." Jungwon responds.
Why did Namjoon say this?
"Well, I'm sorry, but does it look like a Christmas party right now?" I ask.
Jungwon looks around sheepishly and shakes his head no.
I see that they've made themselves comfortable, as Jay and Niki are on the couch and the rest are in the kitchen looking for food. At my feet is a pile of their shoes.
"Exactly how long have you guys been here?" I ask.
"Only about 10 minutes..." he says and scratches his nose.
"You're lying." I say. "How long?"
He sighs. "An hour."
I turn around and open the door for them.
"Please leave. There's no party. I'm sorry that Namjoon lied to you guys."
"But—"
"Why,"
"We're sorry!"
There's a mix of protests and apologies.
I feel bad.
"Okay, okay, okay! You guys can stay..." I accede to their complaints.
"We can watch a Christmas movie!" Jake suggests and we all agree.
"And I'll order cookies." I say.
We disperse and I go to the couch.
Heeseung follows me.
I sit down and he sits beside me.
"Y/n... I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'm sorry." He apologizes while looking at me sweetly.
Agh, why.
"It's okay. I just wasn't expecting it, that's all." I say.
"Thank you. I'm glad we're good now." He smiles.
I smile back.
He has a pretty smile.
"I know I do." Heeseung says and I gasp.
Dang it.
"I mean—" I start. How could I slip like this?! I thought I said that in my head.
"It's okay. I won't tell anyone." He says and winks at me before getting up from the couch and sauntering into the kitchen, running his fingers through his hair with a smirk on his face as he does.
I'm left alone on the couch.

A/N: ahhh it's been so long since I updated~ 🤭 I hope this is good enough, haha
thank you to all who've read this far, I'll try to update more this Christmas!! <3
🎄💚☺️🫶

- viridity