Ch. 5.1 - Christmas Special

NOT A CHAPTER, actually spoilers :D

>>>>>>>>>>

"Otou-San merry Christmas!" Baby Tanjiro said happily waking up his father, Yoriichi stood beside Tanjiro with a small smile.

"Merry Christmas to you to Tanjiro, Yoriichi" Tanjuro said with a yawn.

"Come on, let's go eat breakfast" Yoriichi said as they both nodded and headed towards where Kie cooks breakfast.

"Okaa-San, let me help you" Yoriichi said. Kie gave him a grateful smile.

"Me me! Me to!" Tanjiro flailed his two tiny arms around with anticipation. Kie and Tanjuro both chuckled at how adorable Tanjiro is right now.

"Tanjiro, Yoriichi, do you guys want to go outside and play with your sisters and brothers?" Kie asked after they finished eating their fill.

"Yes Kaa-San! Come on Nii-San let's go play with our little siblings" Tanjiro grabbed Yoriichi's hand and ran outside, not letting Yoriichi to say he wants to help clean the dishes.

And so, the five small kids playing outside without a care in the world, happily making snowman's and snowball fights.

>>>>>>>>>

"Otou-San stop lying to me, tell me are you really sick that it can not be cured no matter what?" Little Yoriichi yelled at his father for the first time, making Tanjuro's eyes widen. How did Yoriichi find out about his sickness?

"Yoriichi..." Tanjuro said sadly looking at the poor boy that was close to tears.

"Otou-San... please.. don't leave me... don't leave us.. we need you" Yoriichi balled his two hands into a fist. Gritting his teeth.

"Come here" Tanjuro said, and so the boy obeyed and went into his father's arms.

Yoriichi felt bones from his father's arms, and his tears started streaming down knowing that his father will die someday.

"I'm sorry.." was all Tanjuro could say to his little boy.

Then Yoriichi cried loudly in his arms, unable to stop while Tanjuro continuously patting his back.

After a while Yoriichi finally stopped crying, he couldn't see straight since he cried his eyeballs out.

"Yoriichi, before I die can you promise me something?" Tanjuro asked.

Yoriichi nodded, his mind already accepting that his father will die, physically not mentally.

"To never be selfish, help others in need, protect your siblings and Kie. Can you do that?" Tanjuro asked making eye contact with Yoriichi.

Yoriichi then nodded, "I promise I will do what you ask."

Tanjuro smiled softly and pat Yoriichi's head, making Yoriichi blush a bit.

"My son, I'm sorry to put you through all this heavy burden. But because you are his successor I can not turn a blind eye." Tanjuro thought looking at his eldest son.

>>>>>>

Inside a Dream

"Merry Christmas Otou-san, Okaa-san, ototo's but it seems that I can not join you either in Heaven or on earth. I just hope you all will have a good Christmas, I really do miss you all." The male said void of any emotions he had.

He looked up, not seeing the sky on earth but a different place that has colorful green grass and birds chirping.

"Yoriichi-kun, let's go celebrate with others alright?" Suddenly a black haired boy with blue tips said softly looking at you, Yoriichi then smiled and nodded as he went over to the 5 former hashira's and a few other people that were waiting for you.