Ch. 7 - Final Selection pt. 1

• • •

"UWAHHH NII-SANN!"

• • •

Third POV:

"You did it, I'm proud Tanjiro" Yoriichi said, patting Tanjiro's long soft hair with a soft smile.

"Thank you Nii-San!" He said happily.

Then Sabito disappeared into the mist.

"Urokodaki-San..." Tanjiro turned towards their teacher who was facing the Boulder that was split in half.

"... I had no intention of sending you two to the final selection." He started to say. Tanjiro looked at him with his eyes widen while Yoriichi listened carefully.

"I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice this Boulder, but..." he patted his hair, Yoriichi saw a faint smile underneath Urokodaki's face

"Well done, my boy. Tanjiro, Yoriichi" He turned towards Yoriichi when he said his name.

"You both are remarkable kids!" He said softly, making Tanjiro look at the ground in daze.

'He's... crying?' Yoriichi thought while looked at his brother who teared up by the words of Urokodaki.

"A-a, Tanjiro s-stop, dont cry, why are you crying!!" Yoriichi asked while raising his two hands up and waving at him while panicking.

Then he pulled both Yoriichi and Tanjiro into a tight hug.

"Make sure to come back alive from the final selection. Both your sister and I will be waiting for you both here."

~~~

Time skip brought to you by Nezuko running from Kanao

~~~

Roast Fish.

Hotpot that is super hot.

"Ah!" Tanjiro's mouth opened with the sight infront of him.

"What's the occasion? There's so much!" He asked his teacher who was busy putting more stuff in.

"You two have completed all your training, so we're celebrating." He said while giving Tanjiro a bowl.

"Don't be shy, eat up"

With a smile, Tanjiro happily accepted it with gratitude.

"Dōmo arigatōgozaimasu!"

And started eating. Urokodaki turned to Yoriichi, who was busy roasting more fishes that he caught today.

"Here have some to" He said as he handed the chopsticks and the bowl to him.

"Arigatō" he simply said and sighed in quietly, not making a single sound unlike Tanjiro.