Ch. 8 - Final Selection pt. 2

A/N: WE'RE FINALLY BACK!!! (That's a long break My apologies 👹)

Yoriichi and Tanjiro arrived at the final selection, Tanjiro was curiously looking around while Yoriichi was focusing on the two girls.

The two girls thanked everyone for coming and introduced the basics of slaying demons.

"Tanjiro, go towards north, I will take care of the rest. Slay some demons but do not overestimate your currently ability." Yoriichi said, Tanjiro nodded.

"Then stay safe Aniki, I'll see you after this is over!" Yoriichi nodded, and waved slightly at the running Tanjiro.

After Tanjiro was out of sight, he unsheathed his katana and began searching for demons.

I hope you will be safe, Tanjiro.

~~~

"Thank you for saving me!" The slayer bowed, Yoriichi nodded. "Go to the north. There is less demons there." The slayer nodded and ran towards where Yoriichi told him to.

Yoriichi ran left and right, slaying demons without sleep. The slayers that was suppose to die, didn't. They were saved, all of them ran to where Yoriichi instructed them to.

He is now running towards East, a ugly demon jumped on him, which Yoriichi easily avoided and killed him.

Another came, but before it could land on the ground Yoriichi slice their head clean off.

He looked around to see if there is any survivors, and saw a boy crying for help. Behind him was a demon with a bunch of hands everywhere.

Before the boy was able to get away he was caught, Yoriichi quickly and swiftly sliced its arm that was on the boy clean off. Making the demon growl.

"Here's comes another cute little fox" the demon said creepily, making Yoriichi furrow his brows.

"Hey little fox, what year of the Meiji Era is it?" No response, making the demon angry.

"Hey. If you don't speak now it'll be too late for you. You're all the same.. HOW MANY YEARS HAS IT BEEN?!" The demon started cursing at Urokodaki.

The demon continued to say that he is from the Keio era, making the traumatized boy screaming at him that he's wrong.

"I've Still remained alive, I had eaten a total of fifty small kids you see."

Fifty kids? Yoriichi suddenly remembered what Urokodaki said to them that day when they cutted their hair.

The demon then started mocking all of the kids he ate, making Yoriichi grip onto his sword harder.

Sabito, so this is the demon that killed you and the other kids. Yoriichi started running towards the demon, slicing all the arms that came at him.

He remembered what Sabito and Makomo told him that day, when they explained what happened to them.

I will bear all your burdens with my own. Yoriichi suddenly remembered Tanjiro's horrific face that day.

The demon yelled something, yet He paid no mind and sliced its head clean off.

"No way." Was all he said before he dissolved.

"I'm sorry. I will definitely kill the man who has made you this way." He said, the demons eyes held tears at the last second before he completely dissolved into dust.

Yoriichi turned behind with a heavy heart. Just what is Human life to you?

~~~

The boy who was the victim earlier had ran away, so Yoriichi continued to search for more demons.

In the morning on the seventh day, everyone was happy that they survived, a boy could be seen who is anxious about something. Looking around to see if he could find his brother.

"Tanjiro." Tanjiro turned behind him and saw Yoriichi standing there with his usual blank face, he smiled happily and hugged him. Making Yoriichi caught off guard a bit.

"NII-SAN! YOU'RE ALIVE!!" He cried, making Yoriichi stiffly hug back.

"Yes.. I am."