SC 22. She Knows

Y/N's POV

The weather is nice up here. It wasn't too hot or too cold to bear. Closed eyes as the breeze tossed my hair all around. It's so quiet and peaceful here. I almost don't want to leave and stay here for as long as I possibly could. Here, I'm away from everyone else. Those prying eyes that seen to cut through my soul as I walk down the halls. The whispers and mumbled that they share about. As loud as screams. It was tiring.

How long has it been now? Since all things went downhill and I barely found something to hold on to and stop myself from falling as well. was it only two weeks? It's a cruel joke that a lot of things could happen in such a short amount of time. And I feel like I could never keep up.

I let out a long sigh as I turned to look below, leaning over the railings. I guess this is the serendipity of my situation. I would have never gone up the music building's rooftop in hopes of finding solitude. And I didn't fail. Because I have been going here everyday since then and no one has found out. No one even goes up the building anymore as they go to the theater hall instead.

I could see the other students out in the field. Laughing with their friends like they do not have anything else to worry about. Everything seems to be going good and according to plan for them. Good for them, I guess.

While me, my life is too messed up at the moment. Dad is till persistent with his persuasion. He did not let a single day pass without trying to trip me into agreeing with him. I have not told mom, or anyone. I know she's already preparing for the hearing and I didn't want to rattle her up. I figured I'd just have to bear with it as it wasn't for long anyway.

And my messed-up school life. Rumors are still flying around with new addition every day after what happened with Zeng Keni. They said I was cheating or cheated on Liu Yuxin. Or that I threatened to do something bad to Zeng Keni. It didn't take long for them to catch up about Liu Yuxin and I and our current... situation.

And you know what's funny? It came back to how things were in the beginning. When we would curse each other every day. All the blame, got put one me. Rumors that I cheated, or that I hurt and just used her or even put a curse on her as if I was some magical being. But I wasn't surprised. Because, who am I for them to believe against Southshire President Liu Yuxin? Who got just about everyone on the palm of her hand? Who they think can do nothing wrong? Right, I was no one of great importance.

It still sting to think about all the things that went down. But what else can I do but move on?

"Good morning Southshire High purple lions!"

I blinked out of my thoughts as Mister Zhu's cheery voice rang through the speakers. With another sigh, I brushed a hand through my already messy hair as I continued to listen for what he has to announce.

"Students, the results of your final exams have been computed! The results have been posted on the bulletin board for the lower years. Be reminded that those who failed are required to complete supplementary classes to make up for their grades." He continued on.

What about the seniors' result? I could only hope that I didn't do too disappointing.

"Now, as for the seniors. Your results are also at the board. But we have chosen the top 20 boys and girls to perform at the graduation night. The female students to be called shall proceed to dance room number three and the males to number six. Liu Yuxin, Lee Y/N, Yu Yan, Xie Keyin, Zhao Xiaotang, Xu Jiaqi..."

He continued to list down the names and from below, I could see students either going to the bulletin board or to the practice room on the seniors' building. I didn't move from my position. I don't think I want to participate in another performance with nineteen other people. It will be too crowded and stressful. Both of which I want to avoid.