SC 32. Old Conversations

Y/N's POV

It was windy today. The sky is covered in a thick blanket of clouds, shielding us away from the scorching rays of the sun. We are at the field now, at least some of us. Having a day break from all the practice. Today is our last day. Well, tomorrow we would all be going home and the next day after that, we would be graduating.

I still don't know how to feel about that. We are all leaving in a short time yet I feel like there's still tons of things I haven't done. I feel like it would be a great regret. The worse thing is that, I haven't quite figured out what to do about it. But I could just feel it in my gut.

It's really mind wrecking. It's like being afraid of something. That something being so unrecognizable that you begin to fear everything instead. And I've tried to chase that feeling off by reading. Just to try and take my mind off things that's going on.

"Y/N, if I get married, you'd be there, right?"

I paused from reading and turned to Yu Yan. My brows furrowed and I looked at her in question. She was looking up the sky, a hand under her head. Too caught up with her own thoughts to notice anything going around her. I huffed and lightly hit her with my book.

"The heck's going on with your brain..." I grumbled before turning back to my book.

I ignored the annoyed groan she let out as she propped herself into a sitting position. She let out a soft sigh as she resulted to leaning her back against my side. I just shook my head. Maybe she's just getting bored again and started thinking of the most random things.

"But I'm serious though..." She started again.
"Sure..." I just hummed and nodded.

"When I get married, I want you and Lin Fan to be there. She'll probably cry more than me, though. And I could already imagine you scolding her. Then I want to have a huge cake! Maybe six tiers... and it will be red velvet from Aunt Hua's store. Also the bouquet would be baby breath and the motif would be gray and neutrals..."

"Are you seriously crying?" I mumbled in disbelief as I watched her dab at her eyes.
"I am... thinking of the future makes me so emotional." She admitted, which only weirded me out even more. At usual times, she would be denying it to no end.

"E-erm..." I mumbled as u awkwardly looked around. All I have is book. "Do you want to read?" I offered but she glared at me and gave me a hit on the head.

"Yah!" I complained and tried to bock her as she continued to swat at me.

"I, your friend, am crying and being emotional. And you comfort be by offering a book? Really? A book?!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"I'm sorry! All I have is a book!" I defended as I scrambled to get away from her.
"What an amazing friend you are..." She sarcastically said before she continued to cry like a baby.

And like the utter idiot that I am, I just stood there for a couple of seconds. Not really knowing what to do in the situation. Something was going on with her for sure. I scratched my head.

"Stop crying, Yan." I spoke as I poked her shoulder. "Listen, I'll go to your wedding okay? Also Lin Fan. And the cake and flowers are on me." I muttered and let out a sigh.

Who was she even marrying?

"Really?" She muttered and looked up at me with a pout.
"Yes, really." I confirmed and nodded my head.
"Okay!" She grinned before wiping her tears like she wasn't even crying.

"Oh – kay.... So weird." I mumbled under my breath before reluctantly returning to my book and reading.

"I kinda want cake..." Yu Yan mused. I didn't reply before she nudged me again. "Y/N, I want cake." She repeated.