Chapter 5

"Answer it so it will shut the hell up" Reina says as she rolls over. She was sleeping when she was awakened by Rio's phone ringing. 

"I'm getting it" he groans and grabs the phone. 

"Hello" he answers the phone his voice groggy. "What? Why could you possibly want another job, I thought you were done. No more men and no more gun and all that loud talk" 

'Elizabeth' Reina thinks as she rolls her eyes. 

Reina grabs her phone and scrolls through Instagram and looking at the latest news. She checks the time and sees that it is around 7:30. 

"Fine, fine, fine. I'll get a job for you and your side kicks. You'll know when you get it, don't call me at this hour again" Rio says hanging up. 

"Que pasa?" Reina asks putting down her phone and looking at Rio. 

"Elizabeth called and she wants a new job" 

"One of our guys got shot, give him to her" 

"You're the queen" Rio says smirking at his girlfriend. 

"And don't you forget it" Reina gives him a kiss before getting up and getting dressed for the day. 

Reina and a few men arrive at Beth's house and drop the guy off in one of the empty bedrooms. Reina sits boredly as she waits for Beth to come into the room and help the guy bleeding all over her daughter's sheets. 

Reina looks up as the door creaks open and she sees a little girl. The girl looks at Reina and then the guy on her bed not knowing what's going on. 

"I think you should get your mom, niña" Reina says softly. The little girl runs out the room and down stairs. Minutes later the door opens again and Elizabeth holds a bat. 

"Who is that?" Elizabeth whispers aggressively to not alert her children. 

"Your new job"  

Annie and Ruby arrive and are in shock at seeing the bleeding guy and Reina. 

"C'mon I thought we were done with this?" Ruby groans. 

"Your friend here asked for another job" Reina says pointing at Elizabeth. 

"This is not what I meant. Well it's what you got, suck it up and deal with it" 

Annie lets out a laugh, "I can't believe you asked for this" 

"I didn't ask for this! I volunteered us to pick up some more money" 

Reina stands up from where she was sitting. "I suggest you guys shut up before he wakes up."

"We are not qualified to take care of a gunshot victim. He needs professional medical attention"

"That kid isn't going to no hospital. Too many people looking for him"  

"What if those people show up here?" 

"Confía en mí ain't no one shooting up Beaver Cleaver's house" 

Reina opens her purse and pulls out a stack of cash, placing it on the bed. 

All three women stare at the cash. 

"No, I'm sorry but this isn't going to work" 

"No?" Reina questions pulling out another stack of cash. 

"I have children" 

Reina places a third stack of cash. 

"He is in my child's bed. I'm never getting that blood out"