7

I can't do this.

I thought I could, but I can't.

It feels like I'm cheating on Timmy, pretending to be with Harry like this, and all we've done so far is walk out of the bakery.

"What's next on the list?" Harry mumbles as we walk at a... somewhat close distance with each other.

"Ehm," my hands scramble for the list. "Decorations... I could've sworn we already got those?" I vividly remember taking Liam to pick out decorations for the wedding and buying a shit ton. Why does he need more?

Harry carefully takes the list out of my hands, "I remember Louis telling me they were wanting to add a few more things. It says here they need white tablecloths and 'pretty white decorations'" I laugh softly and shake my head, taking the list back from him.

"Fine, whatever. What store do you think will have the best decorations?" I ask and glance around, almost halting once I see faces crammed against every window with beaming smiles. "Um, Harry?" My fingers grasp onto his arm and I tug him to stand beside me.

"Yeah?" He looks down at me and I jerk my chin for him to look around. I watch as his eyes travel around us and feel his muscles tense, "Jesus fuck. She really did call everyone."

Yeah, I can't do this.

Everything in me is fighting the urge to run to the car and drive away. But how can I do that when all of these happy faces are watching us from their windows? Lying always comes back and bites you right in the ass.

"I'm gonna hurl," I whisper and feel Harry tense up even more. "Like... all over you," I add.

He takes a step away from me.

"Can you hold it in for the next, um, two hours?" His voice is unsure and filled with concern.

I inhale deeply through my nose and close my eyes for a few brief moments, "Maybe? Yeah, maybe." The sound of shaky laughter causes me to open my eyes and I see Harry standing in front of me trying to stifle a laugh, running his hand across his mouth to hide his smile.

"Sorry," he giggles. Giggles. "Your face," Harry chuckles before completely breaking down into a fit of laughter.

"What about my face?" I smack his shoulder, having to bite back a smile of my own. The sound of his laughter is causing my heart to do all sorts of flips and tricks in my chest. I shove his chest playfully and start walking down the street in search of a shop that might have tablecloths and decorations, "Come on, you prick."

He's still laughing while we walk down the street, trying to cover it with coughs and hidden smiles behind his hand. It's the first time I've seen him fully smile since he's been here. It's the first time I've seen him smile in two years, actually.

The things his smile does to my heart.

"Let's try this one," Harry tugs on my hand and leads me into a rather homey-looking store.

"Ah, Miss Sofia called and told me about you two!" The store owner immediately pops in front of us and I stumble backward slightly in shock. "What can I help you with? Dishware maybe?"

"Decorations, actually," Harry speaks for me once he notices me trying to recollect my thoughts after having been ambushed. "Do you mind if we take a walk through quickly before coming back to you?" He adds and tugs me closer to his side, squeezing my hand and rubbing soothing patterns with his thumb across the back of my hand.

The owner nods his head, keeping a bright smile on his face before stepping away to let us pass. Harry pulls us deeper into the store, stopping only when we come across beautiful linen tablecloths. He drops my hand and allows me to look, resorting to looking aimlessly around, hands stuffed into the front pocket of his pants.