21

"You had sex."

I turn and look at Liam with wide eyes, my mouth slightly open as my cheeks flush a bright pink. "What the fuck, no I didn't," I smack his shoulder while casting a glance at everyone around us, hoping no one heard him say that.

"You so did," he grins, pushing back a piece of my hair. "You forgot one."

My hands quickly move my hair back over my neck to hide my hickey, "Shut up. So what if I did?"

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing," he shrugs his shoulders. "'M just glad to know you and Timmy had some hot makeup sex."

I can feel all of the blood drain from my face the second those words leave his mouth, feeling like a deer caught in headlights. "Right," the words come out uneasy and I look for a way to get out of this conversation, silently willing someone to come up and start a conversation with us.

Liam laughs softly beside me, "I'm not judging. I'm just glad you're having fun and that you two made up."

"Mhm, yeah," my stomach feels queasy while my brain sets off alarm bells that are somehow loud as fuck and make me cringe. "You're not... mad? Or surprised?"

"I mean, not really. Who am I to keep you from the one you love?" He hums softly.

I roll my eyes and bite my tongue from saying something about him keeping me from Harry. The past is in the past, no matter how hurtful it is. "Speaking of Timmy, I'm gonna go talk to him now," I murmur once I spot his soft curls making their way over to a chair at the back corner of the patio.

Normally he would be conversing with everyone here, but he's hiding away in the corner with a dull look in his eyes. I know it's because of our car ride home this morning, and I shouldn't feel any pity for him, but I do. I loved him for a year of my life, it's hard not to feel some sort of sympathy for him.

"Hey," I whisper softly, his eyes slowly dragging up to look at me.

"Mm, hi," he offers me a weak smile, the breeze tossing his hair into his eyes. "What's up?"

The smell of spring flowers dances around us, making it hard for me to concentrate on what I came over here to say. Almost as if the world is telling me to stop while I'm at it. To not cause him any more pain today.

"I've been thinking..." I take a deep breath, chewing on the inside of my cheek as I look down at him and he looks up at me, "Maybe we should wait and tell everyone we broke up after the wedding. I don't wanna start any unnecessary drama."

Which is true. I don't want to pull any of the attention away from Liam and Louis right before their wedding. It'd be unfair to them and everyone else.

Timothée nods his head and looks back at the view, "Okay. My lips are sealed."

"Thank you," I breathe out with a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, it's just-"

"I get it."

My heart twists slightly in my chest and tears prick the corners of my eyes. God, I hate hurting people. "Right, well. For what it's worth, I'm sorry."

He doesn't say anything and doesn't look at me again. My heart cracks a little more and I take a step away from him, fighting back the tears that are threatening to fall for reasons I don't know.

I feel like I shouldn't feel this hurt, but it's almost like I can't help it. I'm losing someone who's been a part of my life for two years and I haven't really had time to process it completely. So much happened after our conversation in the car ride, and it feels like everything is hitting me all at once now.