Chapter 1: Invitation

♤♡◇♧

'THE AGRICHE HOUSE'S INVITATION'

[Athena's POV]

Walking through the halls of our house, I could only ponders onto why father called for me to his study.

'Father never called anyone to his study unless its important. I have been to his study once or two, but that's because he need my assistance in one of his work.'

'The other time was to talked about Evander's marriage which was cancelled due to his soon-to-be wife having a secret affair behind his back.'

Thinking back to that time, I could only allow myself to be bask with sadness. Evander's ex-lover is a kind and considerate woman, perfect for him. But she decided to be an unfaithful lover.

I still remember seeing Evander's eyes that are full of tears, its the first time I seen him like that back then.

I sigh at the thought. "Whats wrong, My lady?" Hazel asked me. 'She must have seen my troubled face.'

"Its nothing." Lies.

Hazel Brooklyn is my personal maid and also the Head Maid. Assigned by mother to protect me and be by my side since I was 12. She is a loyal and loving lady. I give her that. Treated me like a child despite me already growned up. She also has a daughter younger than me resting at the maid headquarter right now.

"My lady.." I look at her at the corner of my eyes. "Your father called you to his study must be important, but.." I stopped. I turn my body to look at her as she smiles and grab both of my hands.

"Do not fret. It might be because he need your assistance in a few things."

Looking at her, my eyes widens. She reminded me so much of my mother. Always knowing what's on my mind.

I sweatdrop at the thought. 'Why are you lying, Enna? You just thinking of your brother's ex-lover that's all.' I chuckled while shaking my head.

Hazel look at me dumbfounded. "You right. But I was thinking about someone else... nevermind. Lets go." Hazel nod. Letting go of my hands. 'Now I miss the warmth it brings.'

We continue walking until we arrived at a big dark brown door. Knocking it three times, I heard a male voice saying, "come in."

Without wasting any time, I walk into the room followed by my maid and saw all of my family members in there alongside my mother who appears to be sick. I look at her with worriness evident in my eyes.

Mother is always sick due to her body that are frail and.. weak. But, despite that, mother always smiles brightly at us. Encourage us to be the best. And she also stay late at night to accompany our father. Because of her, father decided to finish work earlier.

Not that I'm complaining thought. He is always working. So its nice to see him relaxing.

Sitting at the only chair left, Hazel closed the door before coming to me and stand behind me. Looking around, I notice that everyone is already there and apparently they are.. blushing while looking at father who appears to not notice that.

'I.. feel so left out. Even Lucan who doesn't normally blush is blushing.'

For people who glanced at Evander, they would probably doesn't see him blushing but if one look close enough, a light pink shade is evidently on his face as he sit straightly on his chair. 'Now that's weird because he normally would lean on his chair.'